PDA

View Full Version : Can an account be cancelled

tildenthorne
August 31st, 2015, 04:34
Can an FG account be cancelled and if so what would be the process to do that? Is there an email for customer service?

Vhok
August 31st, 2015, 04:37
do you mean the monthly subscription? you have to do it through your paypal they have a faq that explains and even gives a link to the correct page

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_manage-paylist
found it

tildenthorne
August 31st, 2015, 04:46
No... I mean to this page... To the software, etc. my account here... I am not sure I wish to continue using this software even if I spent good money. I have not fully decided yet but I am pretty sure. I just want to know how to do it if I wish.

dulux-oz
August 31st, 2015, 04:50
The Mods can cancel an account - I don't believe there is an actual process to follow because I don't believe anyone's ever asked us. However, if you are sure that's what you want to do then you can ask here or, better still, send an email to [email protected] (I think that's it) and I'm sure Doug or one of the Mods will do it for you.

If I can ask - why? Maybe there's something we can do to address whatever the issue may be. (And feel free to PM me with the answer if you don't want it to be public)

Cheers

Griogre
August 31st, 2015, 05:01
That's [email protected] is the e-mail address. There is very little reason to cancel the account though unless you are on a weekly subscription and then you would cancel it the *monthly payment* through paypal. The account here is just a message board account that is linked to the FG updater but if you don't want to use FG then just uninstall it.

dulux-oz
August 31st, 2015, 05:04
Thanks for the correction, Griogre :)

This seems to be more of a "forum account" thing than a subscription - we'll see :)

Cheers

tildenthorne
August 31st, 2015, 05:15
Let us just say that I have found the populace of this forum a bit... Unfriendly... Considering how important these forums seem to be to the use of this software, I am not sure my early experiences bode well for my ability to fit in with this community. If that be the case... I would rather just cut clean and abandon the investment then be regularly frustrated with the community...

dulux-oz
August 31st, 2015, 05:17
Let us just say that I have found the populace of this forum a bit... Unfriendly... Considering how important these forums seem to be to the use of this software, I am not sure my early experiences bode well for my ability to fit in with this community. If that be the case... I would rather just cut clean and abandon the investment then be regularly frustrated with the community...

Sent you a PM