PDA

View Full Version : Problems with new table creation

RuleofThree
August 30th, 2015, 23:44
Hey guys. I just finished a 1-20 campaign, and am already starting up a new one to GM. I want to start with a completely new table, as some of the stuff I have from the old table, is just getting in the way. However I have noticed a few curious things taking place:

1) When I create a new table, and generate a new alias, my players are still able to join using the old one.
2) Character potraits and tokens are getting mismatched and assigned to the wrong character sheets.

I am assuming that this is because of some sort of cashing issue, and have deleted the folder of my old game, as well as hit the radioactive button to remove player data cashe. I have requested my players do the same. However, the issues still persist, the alias not changing to the new one, and the portraits assigning themselves to the wrong character sheets, thus creating wrong tokens. Any Ideas?

Trenloe
August 30th, 2015, 23:49
1) Your old alias-to-IP match doesn't go away on the FG servers until someone else uses it. Question: Why did you change your alias? The alias is essentially your GM address for all of the games you run, it doesn't store any information or link to a specific campaign in any way.

Get the players to remove their data cache. You don't have a player cache on your side as you're the GM.

Just get the players to select the correct portraits and tokens.

RuleofThree
August 30th, 2015, 23:57
No true reason I suppose, just figured it would add to the safety in case players that chose not to play in the new game, showed up.

I will request they remove their data cache as well. Thanks

RuleofThree
August 31st, 2015, 00:37
The problem still persists with regards to portraits and tokens. I have a picture if it helps to better describe the problem. It looks like it's assigning the tokens to the wrong page. And the last character sheet imported gets no token at all.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fbcjzs3s5ssckzx/Problem.png?dl=0

Trenloe
August 31st, 2015, 00:39
Importing characters doesn't bring the portrait or token with it. Select new portraits and tokens in the new campaign.

RuleofThree
August 31st, 2015, 01:49
Right, but when the player goes to select a portrait, even a default one, the portrait changes, but the token does not. Does this mean I have to get their custom portraits and make them tokens myself? Or have them do it? It used to create a token for you, when a portrait was selected.

Trenloe
August 31st, 2015, 01:53
Right, but when the player goes to select a portrait, even a default one, the portrait changes, but the token does not.
Select the right portrait for the PC, then drag the new portrait showing on the character sheet onto the token space.

RuleofThree
August 31st, 2015, 02:06
*facepalm* ....Thank you