PDA

View Full Version : Apply damage amount/type to combat tracker

cas206
August 30th, 2015, 23:16
I use FG Combat tracker at the table. When a player rolls damage, I can manually type the damage amount, but I need to remember to check damage types and effects to see if it needs reduced. Then I have to do math to determine the new total to type in the wounds box.

Is there a chat command or some other method to create the damage amount and type and drag to the combat tracker so that it gets automatically applied?

Thanks.

Trenloe
August 30th, 2015, 23:33
Set the weapons up on a test/GM owned character sheet with the correct damage type, but don't set a dice for damage entry. Then type the actual damage in the modifier box under the chat window and drag the weapon damage from the character sheet to the target - the damage entered in the modifier box will be applied with the correct damage types from the weapon entry.

damned
August 30th, 2015, 23:39
Not chat commands but hotkey commands if you take some time to set them up beforehand...
Start this thread here and continue on... https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24581-A-question-about-posting-rolls-to-chat&p=218384&viewfull=1#post218384

cas206
August 31st, 2015, 00:20
Did the GM character sheet and that works. Thanks. That gets me started.

I'll go study up on hot keys to evaluate as an alternate.

damned
August 31st, 2015, 00:25
Did the GM character sheet and that works. Thanks. That gets me started.

I'll go study up on hot keys to evaluate as an alternate.

Trenloes method is better I think. It is an improvement on where the conversation ended a few weeks ago in that other thread. It will make more "sense" to the player as they use it.

cas206
August 31st, 2015, 02:48
This is the hotkeys file I ended up with if anyone else is interested. Feedback on corrections/improvements? When I use shift to get the next bank of hotkeys, it inserts [CRITICAL] in the chat window result. However, that doesn't seem to affect the result that gets dropped on the target in the tracker.

Hotkey method goes a little quicker for me and my, at table, players don't see it anyway.

Thanks.