PDA

View Full Version : Lost Pins

LordEntrails
August 30th, 2015, 06:43
I just renamed an image using normal windows rename in the images folder. After closing the folder and the image list updated, when opening the image and turning on the pins, they no longer show. I've renamed the image back to the original, but the pins are still gone.

Anyone know how I can get these back?

damned
August 30th, 2015, 07:13
Im pretty sure its gone. When you renamed the file thru Windows FG updated the DB.xml and removed the data about that map including PIN data.

LordEntrails
August 30th, 2015, 16:14
Is their a section of the db.xml that I acn cut and paste from a backup or earlier version of the module I exported?

Trenloe
August 30th, 2015, 16:22
Is their a section of the db.xml that I acn cut and paste from a backup or earlier version of the module I exported?
Look in the <image> section of the db.xml file. There'll be a set of data called <shortcuts> within an image record if it had pins.

LordEntrails
August 30th, 2015, 16:28
Thanks again :)

LordEntrails
August 30th, 2015, 17:15
Awesome, that worked. Only lost a dozen or so pins since my last export.

For others; If you wish to change the name of a map, you don't need to change the name of the file, just change this part of the image tag:

<name type="string">DungeonLvl-DM</name>

To something else (in my case):

<name type="string">0 DungeonLvl (DM)</name>

Trenloe
August 30th, 2015, 17:54
Awesome, that worked. Only lost a dozen or so pins since my last export.

For others; If you wish to change the name of a map, you don't need to change the name of the file, just change this part of the image tag:

<name type="string">DungeonLvl-DM</name>

To something else (in my case):

<name type="string">0 DungeonLvl (DM)</name>
You don't need to edit the XML. In FG right-click on the map name and select "Edit".