PDA

View Full Version : Updater stalling

TheGarvster
August 30th, 2015, 05:31
SO I have purchased the ultimate license and installed Fantasy grounds everything was fine. Then I purchased the 5e Monster Manual and the 5e Players Manual, did the download and everything seem to work fine. Now suddenly the updater stalls when it gets to( Checking Package; WOTC5EMMDeluxe for updates updating modules/ DD MM Monster Manual.mod). It can stay stalled at that for 5 minutes or more, most times I have to click and have windows close the program. So I decided to do a complete reinstall and then received this message( Handle File; unable to save file(Modules/DD MM Monster Manual.mod) to content vault. Then after I clicked ok and started the update again it stalled. Any Help will be appreciated.

Edit: Well it passed the Monster manual but not is stalled at the players handbook, I notice that the PH+MM are not listed in my settings screen, could this be the problem? Another Question, why are the mod files in the module folder listed as videos?

Nyghtmare
August 30th, 2015, 06:15
The first time that you load in new content, it could take a while.. especially on slower connections. You are download the whole package, and the PHB and MM are pretty big.

I have had my update pause for a bit before, even when I am just updating something that I have already previously loaded in.

damned
August 30th, 2015, 07:22
Hey TheGarvster there is a few possible causes here:

Are you using WiFi? If so - even though your wifi may appear to you to be solid and reliable it may not be quite reliable enough when downloading 100+MB of encrypted data. Try moving closer to teh WiFi or using a network/lan cable.
Have you changed the default program or data paths? Try resetting them back to default - you could have a permissions issue.
Try deleting the content.dat and content.dat.tmp files in the fantasy grounds data folder and rerunning the update.

Did you buy the MM and PHB on Steam or here? If on Steam make sure you have Check Steam for DC ticked and if here make sure you input your forum username+password in the settings. Also click on this lick and make sure the purchases are listed on the right account 9or vice versa) https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/orders.xcp

The library modules use an extension of .mpd which windows has associated with video format.

Trenloe
August 30th, 2015, 07:44
Just let the updater run, don't close it. As you've got past the MM after a while it's obviously taking a lot of time to download the new content, but it is downloading it.

TheGarvster
August 30th, 2015, 15:28
Thanks for the reply.

TheGarvster
August 30th, 2015, 15:37
Hey TheGarvster there is a few possible causes here:

Are you using WiFi? If so - even though your wifi may appear to you to be solid and reliable it may not be quite reliable enough when downloading 100+MB of encrypted data. Try moving closer to teh WiFi or using a network/lan cable.
Have you changed the default program or data paths? Try resetting them back to default - you could have a permissions issue.
Try deleting the content.dat and content.dat.tmp files in the fantasy grounds data folder and rerunning the update.

Did you buy the MM and PHB on Steam or here? If on Steam make sure you have Check Steam for DC ticked and if here make sure you input your forum username+password in the settings. Also click on this lick and make sure the purchases are listed on the right account 9or vice versa) https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/orders.xcp

The library modules use an extension of .mpd which windows has associated with video format.

Thanks Damned.
OK I redid the update this morning and this was what I got, Handle File; unable to save file(Modules/DD MM Monster Manual.mod) to content vault. but the phb & mm both show up in the library modules when I run fatansygrounds.They don't show in the modules folder though, are they suppose to?
The link you listed for the purchases leads me to the orders which are correct but then I get to a page that only shows the phb download but my e-mail had links to both. I'll put up a picture so you can see what I am talking about.

TheGarvster
August 30th, 2015, 15:39
Just let the updater run, don't close it. As you've got past the MM after a while it's obviously taking a lot of time to download the new content, but it is downloading it.

Thanks Trenloe.

I just Re-did the update and I posted in a reply to Damned what happened. here is a quick recap ( Handle File; unable to save file(Modules/DD MM Monster Manual.mod) to content vault. but the phb & mm both show up in the library modules when I run fatansygrounds.They don't show in the modules folder though, are they suppose to?)

Trenloe
August 30th, 2015, 16:26
They don't show in the modules folder though, are they suppose to?
FG no longer stores certain content in the modules folder. They are stored in an encrypted content.dat file (the content vault) in the <FG App Data> directory.

If you have working copies of the MM and PHB now then leave it as is. However, if you get the "unable to save ... to content vault" error when doing a future update, delete the content.dat file (and a content.dat.tmp file if it exists) and run the update again.

TheGarvster
August 30th, 2015, 16:43
FG no longer stores certain content in the modules folder. They are stored in an encrypted content.dat file (the content vault) in the <FG App Data> directory.

If you have working copies of the MM and PHB now then leave it as is. However, if you get the "unable to save ... to content vault" error when doing a future update, delete the content.dat file (and a content.dat.tmp file if it exists) and run the update again.

Thanks for all your help Trenloe!

Sorry to be a bother but I have another Question, on the settings page, in the little window where it shows you what is downloaded, am I suppose to see the PHB+ MM stuff downloaded in there?

Trenloe
August 30th, 2015, 18:01
in the little window where it shows you what is downloaded, am I suppose to see the PHB+ MM stuff downloaded in there?
That doesn't show you what's downloaded. It shows you what products are linked to your FG account (the username and password you put in the update window). In theory the two should match (what products you have linked to your account and what is downloaded), but this window doesn't show if the product has been downloaded or not. I have too many products in my settings window to see if the WOTC products are displayed here or not - although they should be (if you purchased them on the FG store and you added your username and password to the update settings).

TheGarvster
August 30th, 2015, 23:34
Ok I was wondering because the don't show up as being linked to the account even though they show up in FG. When this week ends I will be on vacation and then I will have time for everything.

Thanks for all your help and patience.