PDA

View Full Version : New Ability Scores <SOLVED>

ronalmb
August 30th, 2015, 02:41
Hello,

I am tinkering with a ruleset, using 5E as the base.

I have added an extra ability score. I have figured out how to position it on the character sheet, and double clicking on it does an ability check with the proper name.

BUT, it does not add a modifier for it. I added the entry to data_common.lua but that has not fixed it.

To reiterate,
I created attribute "spirit". It shows up in its own box, i can set it to 12, it will calculate the modifier as +1. But, when i make an ability check, it does not add the +1 to the roll.

Thanks.

Edit: Added to following areas
I added to manager_actor2.lua entry for function getAbilityScore, but still no luck with getting new abilities to add their modifier to checks.

I created a strings_myRP.xml to include the new attribute using strings_5E as reference.

I added the ability score to data_common.lua, for abilities, ability_ltos, and ability_stol

I used copy/paste to add new ability score to record_char_main.xml (it shows up).

I look at the campaign's db.xml and the new stats are there along with their scores.

Perplexed. Please help.

EDIT FIXED
In case anyone else comes across this, I discovered that the entries in manager_actor2.lua for ability scores use the first 3 letters of the ability score, not the abbreviation that you create for it.. so, for my example, spr did not work for spirit, but once i changed it to spi, it did.