PDA

View Full Version : Custom modifiers?

wmuench
January 10th, 2005, 20:58
Hi everyone,

So far I'm really impressed with the program. I've been playing around with it and only found one sticking point so far: how do I add modifiers that aren't represented by numeric fields to the hot keys? For example, let's say I wanted to hot-key the +1 bonus to attack from Haste. How would I go about doing that?

Thanks!

Bill

Ged
January 10th, 2005, 21:44
Two ways of making custom modifiers (for instance Haste +1) are:
1. Type /die 1 Haste and hit enter. Haste 1 will appear, which can be dragged to a hot key slot. This is a bit clumsy as the text will once appear in the chat log.

2. Scroll the modifier in the modifier box with the mouse wheel to +1 and drag it to one of the hot key slots. Then use the radial menu to rename the modifier to Haste.
Both options yield the correct bonus with Haste label in the roll resolution.

wmuench
January 10th, 2005, 23:52
Two ways of making custom modifiers (for instance Haste +1) are:
1. Type /die 1 Haste and hit enter. Haste 1 will appear, which can be dragged to a hot key slot. This is a bit clumsy as the text will once appear in the chat log.

2. Scroll the modifier in the modifier box with the mouse wheel to +1 and drag it to one of the hot key slots. Then use the radial menu to rename the modifier to Haste.
Both options yield the correct bonus with Haste label in the roll resolution.

Thanks for the prompt response! IIRC, the second modifier only works in 1.02 and higher, right? I'm currently testing the software for our local group using the Demo. But if it goes well (and so far I'm impressed), I'll be picking up the full version.

Bill

Ged
January 11th, 2005, 09:09
The second way of adjusting the custom modifier was introduced in Patch 1.02 and the demo is based on 1.01. So, if you want to use miscellaneous modifiers not listed in the Common modifiers in the d20 book or elsewhere in the reference material or character sheet, you'll have to do it using the first method. Up to six modifiers can be applied to any one dice throw.

wmuench
January 11th, 2005, 14:13
The second way of adjusting the custom modifier was introduced in Patch 1.02 and the demo is based on 1.01. So, if you want to use miscellaneous modifiers not listed in the Common modifiers in the d20 book or elsewhere in the reference material or character sheet, you'll have to do it using the first method. Up to six modifiers can be applied to any one dice throw.

Yup, that's what I thought. Thanks for all the help!

Bill