PDA

View Full Version : LFG D&D 5e

dagger3222
August 29th, 2015, 22:45
Looking for a campaign D&D 5e. I'm relativly new but I've played about 5 games, so I should be able to be able to hang. I own a full lisence as well. I can do any day past 6pm except wednesday, most of the day Saturday and after 3 most Sundays. Open to any kind of campaign.

Nyghtmare
August 30th, 2015, 02:53
You might want to put your timezone in your post there, dagger3222, so people will be know what time that is in their timezone. :)

dagger3222
August 30th, 2015, 04:04
EST sorry

RPM
August 30th, 2015, 10:01
I'm also LF a 5th edition game of D&D. I have full version of FG, but 0experience with FG so I'm sorta noobish. If Yous have the time I'll grind it out with Yous. sorry, no mic.

damned
August 30th, 2015, 11:47
RPM far and away most games use voice and if you use voice its detracts considerably from everyone elses experience if you dont use a headset+mic as it tends to introduce feedback. GunnarGreybeard is running a 5e text only game. Venomous Filigree also sometimes runs text only - or text for all in game at least - he has a 5e Thule game I think...

Nyghtmare
August 30th, 2015, 18:47
My main Saturday night campaign is text-only, although some of us do get on TS to chat — everything in the game, including RPing, happens via text chat in there.

I have never been much of a voice actor, even when I was running games with my friends back in the 2nd edition days.

So there are a few of us people out there who run text-based games.

RPM
August 30th, 2015, 18:49
thanks Damned. yea, not having voice seems like I'm cheating myself of features of FG. I might have to go get one =)

yea I find it really tough to switch between voices for multiple char/monster..

damned
August 30th, 2015, 23:17
My main Saturday night campaign is text-only

Yeah you are far from alone - there are lots of good reasons to use text only.

thanks Damned. yea, not having voice seems like I'm cheating myself of features of FG. I might have to go get one =)

yea I find it really tough to switch between voices for multiple char/monster..

Most people probably dont use Character Voices all that often. Some groups are very good at it but most people probably only do it when they really get the itch. The main reason people use Voice is that it keeps things moving along so much faster. You will get thru so much more in a session if you use voice.