PDA

View Full Version : Portrait Tokens look bad

-Xeno-
August 28th, 2015, 22:50
Team,
I am using the ultimate license and have just started building my campaign. I have some custom tokens that look great when I put them on a map. When I use the same picture as a portrait and then drag the character to the map it appears really fuzzy and pixelated. I haven't seen anything in the user guides.

Help?

~X

Trenloe
August 28th, 2015, 23:07
FG resizes images used as portraits to 63x63 to make the FG portrait image, and FG then uses this to make a token of size 46x46. If the resulting auto-created token isn't large enough for you then re-drag just the token image you want to use onto the token space on the character sheet or combat tracker before adding to the map.

damned
August 28th, 2015, 23:10
Portraits in most rulesets are 63x63px.
If you are using a grid of 60/50/25 pixels your tokens will be of similar quality to the portraits. If you are using a larger grid - say 100 or 200px then your source image is going to be stretch and pixelated as it is displayed to fit that larger grid. Do you think this might be what is happening? Also if you zoom in on the map the same thing can happen. You can use larger portraits to reduce this effect. Holognome posts about this somewhere...

Trenloe
August 28th, 2015, 23:13
You can use larger portraits to reduce this effect.
Don't use larger portraits use larger tokens by manually adding a new token once a portrait has been added to a character sheet. Using larger portraits doesn't make any difference, as I mention above.

damned
August 28th, 2015, 23:32
Thanks Trenloe - didnt realise the auto token was downsized again.
Ive always used separate tokens to the portraits until recently. I have found I quite like the mugshot for a token too!

Trenloe
August 29th, 2015, 00:43
Ive always used separate tokens to the portraits until recently. I have found I quite like the mugshot for a token too!
Yeah, I like the portrait as a token as well.

-Xeno-
August 29th, 2015, 00:59
Trenloe,
Worked like a charm...so simple...

Thanks!

~X

Jwguy
August 29th, 2015, 04:50
You know, I have a similar question along these lines.

Is there a way to change the size of the portrait that appears in the Chat Window when the related option is enabled? It is so tiny, and I'd rather it be larger