PDA

View Full Version : Creating an AoE

ArteF
August 28th, 2015, 02:50
I did a search but I didn't see anything one this aside from Dragon Breath but my question might be a bit more complex.

Sleep is a spell that targets enemies based on their hp and incapacitates them. I figured out how to apply incapacitate status but is there a way to make this move an aoe that deducts the roll damage per monster put to sleeps hp like the spell says it does?

Any help with this would be appreciated.

kylania
August 28th, 2015, 03:04
Not really in the program. Just count off HP and Incapacitate as you go along.

ArteF
August 28th, 2015, 03:16
okay thanks, is there a way to set up aoe attacks proper? Right now what we do is just roll for each creature/person hit. Like for fireball or circle of death.

Nyghtmare
August 28th, 2015, 03:17
You can select multiple targets for spells/attacks and determine the outcome all at once, if that is what you mean.

ArteF
August 28th, 2015, 03:28
@Nyghtmare,

Yes I believe that is what I mean, in the case of sleep I think the way its calculated may be a bit complex but its possible then to cast fire ball on a group of targets... okay then thank you. I'm assuming the game knows to not apply damage until after the saves are made or better yet that it does the saves automatically for npcs and resolves.

kylania
August 28th, 2015, 03:38
Yeah, as Nyghtmare said you can LeftCtrl+LeftClick on each target in the area to select them and the spells will affect each of them, roll saves for each and so on. It's just Sleep that it won't really work with correctly, it would put them all to sleep. :)

ArteF
August 28th, 2015, 03:41
@kylania

Thank you very much

Nyghtmare
August 28th, 2015, 03:48
The way that I do sleep is to figure out the potential targets, have the player roll the dice to see how many HPs are affected, select the target(s) started with the lowest HP one and moving higher until I run out of HPs from their roll, and then apply the UNCONSCIOUS effect that I have in their ACTIONS tab under their spell.