PDA

View Full Version : Distributing Adventures

Elric
January 10th, 2005, 12:44
Now that you have the 'Export Module' function working, what would I need to package up so that people could download a full 'Module'?

Let's say that I setup 'The Tomb of Horrors' as a Campaign and then export it as a module - what do I need to ZIP up so that people could add the module to their games?

Ged
January 10th, 2005, 14:24
Copying the .mod file to \modules folder should suffice. People of course must have the ruleset (in your case 1st ed. AD&D but more typically the D&D 3.5 coming in the install file).

Thore_Ironrock
February 2nd, 2005, 15:32
(I'm new to the forum, so I apologize if this issue has already been answered.)

I'm curious as to what FG's position is on the selling of FG converted adventures? I'm talking about original publisher-quality scenarios and campaigns.

Let's say I'm a publisher (or knows someone who is thinking about becoming one :D ) and wish to created small to large-scale adventures for sale (say on RPGNow) using FG. Is this permissable under the current FG purchasing/licensing agreement? If it isn't, who could someone speak with to work out some sort of agreement on this issue?

Thanks in advance for an answer.

:)

Ged
February 2nd, 2005, 16:13
It's permissible; and from our point of view, very desirable ;) (as long as no other copyrights are violated). In case you (publisher), have some further questions or proposals, they can be sent to contact (at) smiteworks.com.

Thore_Ironrock
February 2nd, 2005, 16:53
It's permissible; and from our point of view, very desirable ;) (as long as no other copyrights are violated). In case you (publisher), have some further questions or proposals, they can be sent to contact (at) smiteworks.com.

Thanks! Look for an email soon!! :D

-Thore