PDA

View Full Version : Just bought, can't connect - Resolved

Sammuthegreat
August 27th, 2015, 19:47
Hi there, new user here.

I just bought Fantasy Grounds and I tried creating a campaign, and I ran a connection test which came up with a failure... I've had a read around and it's all gobbledygook to me, I'm awful with computers and I can't figure it out.

Could someone please explain how to make the game work? I've just spent £30 on it and it's very frustrating that it doesn't work. It seems weird that you have to configure internet settings to make the game work.

For info, the message that pops up is:

"To accept incoming client connections, you may need to configure your firewall and/or router to accept and forward connections on port 1802.

You can test your connection, by requesting the Fantasy Grounds server to establish a connection with your computer. Before running the test, make sure you can access the www.fantasygrounds.com web site using a browser."

Thanks in advance...

Trenloe
August 27th, 2015, 21:41
Are you planning on being a GM or a player?

If a player, you don't need to worry about the connection test as you'll be connecting directly to the GM and the test is only needed for GMs.

If you want to create a campaign now and play around with it yourself you don't need the connection either. It's only when players connect to you that you'll need your connection working.

Sammuthegreat
August 27th, 2015, 21:43
I've actually got it figured out now, so this thread can be closed.

Thank you for your advice though, much appreciated :) for what it's worth I was looking to set myself up to be GM.

damned
August 27th, 2015, 22:46
Sammuthegreat please post your fix so that others can learn from your pain! :)

Sammuthegreat
August 27th, 2015, 22:49
I just followed the FG knowledge base - firewalls thread (but for a Sky router) and all was well :)

damned
August 27th, 2015, 22:56
Excellent and welcome!

Sammuthegreat
August 27th, 2015, 22:56
Thanks very much. What a nice bunch :)