PDA

View Full Version : DM Screen / Quick Reference Info

LordEntrails
August 27th, 2015, 04:56
So,
I'm looking for ideas on how others have setup something like a quick reference for the GM and players in FG. Since using Fg, theirs no longer a need for my DM screen, but I would still like to be able to reference a lot of that type of info. Plus, some of it would be useful for my players as well. I've got the FG PHB & MM (and will get the DMG when published), but even having those aren't as handy as something like a reference screen.

Has anyone done something like this yet? Did you use Tables? (Can tables be shared? Or only as a module?) Images (w/ pins)? Notes or story entries with links? A background decal/image? I'm kinda liking the idea of an image with pins, but then again...?

Would love to share this when I'm done, but don't think it would pass the IP test. Though maybe if it was links to the purchase material links that might resolve it, but not sure what would happen there. Any ideas on this would be welcome as well.

kylania
August 27th, 2015, 04:59
Final Version of Ozuro's 5E DM Screen/Player Cheat Sheet (https://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comments/2j5qlg/final_version_of_my_5e_dm_screenplayer_cheat_sheet/)

There's already too much stuff to keep track of in FG to add in a DM tables. :) A quick glance at that PDF is easier than opening library, then the module, then the reference area then.. then.. and so on.

Mask_of_winter
August 27th, 2015, 06:00
I use the decal.

Draca
August 27th, 2015, 06:03
I used that one and made my own Module with each image in it , and share it with the players. Very Handy.

Morgentaler
August 27th, 2015, 06:04
I use the decal.

That's just brilliant care sharing..or is that one of those propriety of WoTC things? As mostly for my players..that I'm curious if some read the PHB at all or their class depending on the week. lol. The more tools I can engage them with the better.

damned
August 27th, 2015, 06:34
For the GM - use the Hot Keys of all those things you reference regularly. Put them on one of the Fn+Something else keys so you can keep the main keys free for your rolls and stuff.
That PDF certainly has a lot of info on it....

Morgentaler
August 27th, 2015, 06:42
For the GM - use the Hot Keys of all those things you reference regularly. Put them on one of the Fn+Something else keys so you can keep the main keys free for your rolls and stuff.

Yes and it's beautiful.
Hotkey..never though of that lol..I keep telling my players to put all their stuff there and here I am not doing exactly that.

Nyghtmare
August 27th, 2015, 07:26
I made a module with links to all of the GM stuff that I wanted to be able to access from a single sheet.

Then I made another version of this module for the players, with the GM stuff excluded.

Now the players and me have a reference module available with shortcuts to most of the common stuff we need to look up. :)

Xorn
August 30th, 2015, 04:38

This is what I do--I've got all the character classes of the party linked, any tables I reference frequently, etc.

LordEntrails
August 30th, 2015, 16:47
Lots of good ideas all, thanks. I thought about the decal, but since my screen usually has numerous overlapping Windows as is, decided against that. Really like the function key idea, though I'm usually too forgetful, but will try it first. If not happy with that, I will create a module with links to the PHB for the players and when the DMG comes out, one for me.