PDA

View Full Version : Database Error: extensionstate.xml - Error document empty

MTS
August 27th, 2015, 04:15
Now... where did I make this happen?

This error shows up in the launcher now when I click Load Campaign. What did I do?

Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file extensionstate.xml - Error on line 0: Error document empty.

Trenloe
August 27th, 2015, 04:24
Before starting FG, go into <FG app data>\campaigns\<your campaign name> and delete extensionstate.xml.

You'll need to select any extensions you had previously activated again.

You're not using any sync software (dropbox, onedrive, google drive, etc.) pointing at your FG app data directory are you?

MTS
September 1st, 2015, 04:42
That worked! Nope - not sharing any files with anything out there.

LazyDragon
January 29th, 2016, 22:16
Hi There,

I am having the same error message for one of my campaigns. Deleting extensionstate.xml did nothing. The campaign was working fine last night. My other campaign seems to be fine. Any ideas?

damned
January 29th, 2016, 22:42
Hi LazyDragon and welcome.
Please try closing FG completely and doing the delete of that file.
Of course make sure you are deleting the extensionstate.xml file for the right campaign.

LazyDragon
January 29th, 2016, 22:54
Thanks for the quick reply. I am loving FG so far and this is the only major hiccup I have had.

I did it again just to be sure and still get an error. Upon further examination it looks like my error is slightly different. Specifically I am getting this:

Error while loading campaign database

A XML parse error occurred processing file db.xml - Error on line 0: Error document empty.

It looks like by db.xml file is the problem. I am not sure what could have caused this (perhaps I exited while it was saving?). Replacing the db.xml file with the backup file does not solve the issue. I can start the server but only with the auto-generated new db.xml file. Of course everything I made the original, including my PC's, are gone. Maps are still there, but without tokens or grid, and my modules need to be reactivated. Again, this only seems to be effecting my one campaign. Luckily this was a test campaign anyway so nothing important was lost.

damned
January 29th, 2016, 23:10
it is indeed a different error.
can you send me a copy of your backup?
you can PM me a link to dropbox/onedrive etc?

damned
January 29th, 2016, 23:25
that backup file is also empty.
its best to make a manual backup of your campaign folder before or after each session.

LazyDragon
January 29th, 2016, 23:27
That would explain it. Well the more you know. Thanks for your help.