PDA

View Full Version : NPC type

bnickelsen
August 26th, 2015, 22:03
Can fantasy grounds detect the type of NPC i.e. Dragon or humanoid?

Nyghtmare
August 26th, 2015, 22:08
According to the Wiki (link in the menu at the top of the page), Fantasy Grounds can look for the following creature types in the 5e rules:

aberration, beast, celestial, construct, dragon, elemental, fey, fiend, giant, humanoid, monstrosity, ooze, plant, undead, aarakocra, bullywug, demon, devil, dragonborn, dwarf, elf, gith, gnoll, gnome, goblinoid, grimlock, halfling, human, kenku, kuo-toa, kobold, lizardfolk, living construct, merfolk, orc, quaggoth, sahuagin, shapechanger, thri-kreen, titan, troglodyte, yuan-ti, yugoloth

Trenloe
August 26th, 2015, 22:47
See "TYPE": https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects#Conditional_Operators

epithet
August 26th, 2015, 23:53
Are multiple types considered AND conjoined, or are they OR conjoined?

Moon Wizard
August 27th, 2015, 06:21
They are currently AND joined. I may change this behavior in the future, since it seems like OR joined us more useful. For now, create an effect for each type.

Cheers,
JPG

bnickelsen
August 27th, 2015, 22:41
Is the following possible?
"advantage on saving throws against the breath weapons of creatures that have the dragon type"

TASagent
August 27th, 2015, 23:09
I don't believe there's a way to specifically conditionally affect just breath weapons. Though the Dragons bit should work fine.

epithet
August 28th, 2015, 02:13
Unless the dragon is casting sorc spells, any elemental damage it does will come from the breath weapon. If you wanted resistance to the damage of the breath weapon, you could just write it as RESIST(fire); RESIST(lightning); etc. The problem is that ADVSAVE takes a stat variable, not a damage type.

In other words, if you're making a magic item that protects it's wielder against dragon breath, resistance will be easier for you than advantage on saves.

TASagent
August 28th, 2015, 03:14
You may have oversimplified dragons' stats. For example, the first dragon I looked at, the Ancient Red Dragon, does fire damage with its bite attack. I'm sure there must be others that also aren't quite as simple. And that's not to mention any quirky abilities of any creatures that are technically of the dragon creature type but aren't dragons themselves, like Faerie Dragons, Dragon Turtles, and Wyverns.

epithet
August 28th, 2015, 03:18
Oh.

Ooops.

Nylanfs
August 29th, 2015, 01:08
Plus all dragons cast spells as a Sorcerer with the same class levels as their HD.

Griogre
August 29th, 2015, 15:55
FYI, that is technically a rules variant so not all dragons have to cast and even with the variant only young+ dragons can cast, not Wyrmlings.