PDA

View Full Version : Help recovering module in FG database

Gadreun
August 26th, 2015, 11:30
Hi guys,

I went into my campaign and my Hoard of the Dragon Queen content I purchased has suddenly dissapeared. Rise of Tiamat (the second part is there still). I checked my module library and HotDQ is missing.
I purchased and have been using the module for a number of months, I do not recall deleting it.

I tried to run a fresh update, and FG tells me HotDQ is missing from my content db. But the .xml is still there in the folder? Perhaps it has become corrupt?

I am happy to reinstall HotDQ, but I am unsure how to do this. I can provide my purchase information if needed.

regards
Gadreun

damned
August 26th, 2015, 13:14
Gadreun delete the content.dat file and rerun the updater. It will be a big download...

Trenloe
August 26th, 2015, 15:52
It will be a big download...
Yeah it will. But, if you've looked at content.dat when you run *any* update, it get's recreated every time an update is executed - even if there is no updated material. The FG updater downloads content.dat.tmp (you'll see this increasing in size during the update process) and then copies this to content.dat and deletes content.dat.tmp. So, deleting content.dat and running an update isn't any different from running an update anyway (even without the update button glowing red) in terms of data downloaded. But, if there are issues with modules, it's good to delete content.dat (as you say) and run an update... :)

Gadreun
August 26th, 2015, 15:58
Thanks guys. I did as you advised :)

damned
August 26th, 2015, 15:59
i hadnt paid it any great attention... i wonder if the players connecting to a 5e GM who has run an update but doesnt actually have any updated resources still download the shared resources again... that would make the beginning of sessions quite slow....

damned
August 26th, 2015, 15:59
Thanks guys. I did as you advised :)

its 3am on a school night! get some sleep man!

Trenloe
August 26th, 2015, 16:11
i wonder if the players connecting to a 5e GM who has run an update but doesnt actually have any updated resources still download the shared resources again...
Nope, they keep their previously downloaded cache .dat file.