PDA

View Full Version : Fading Suns Campaign Looking for Players

Kaloth
August 24th, 2015, 23:15
Hello everyone, I am looking to start a Fading Suns campaign for 3-4 players. I will be using the Anniversary version of the second edition rules.

About the setting:
Fading Suns is a space feudalism game. However most ability to create new technology has been lost since the fall of the Second Republic almost a thousand years ago. As such the nobles, guildsman and clergy are constantly vying among themselves for the rapidly dwindling Second Republic tech. Meanwhile occult powers run rampant each with a crippling downside. Horrible monsters stalk the night and on top of it all the suns, the last beacons of the Pancreator's power against the Demon Sultans are slowly going out.

About me:
I am laid-back as a GM. I prefer a casual gaming experience where players remain mostly in character but aren't afraid to get off-topic every once in a while. I prefer cinematic action with dramatic consequences to the roll hit/miss style. I.E. I'd much rather spend a turn getting on the dragon's back for no mechanical benefit than just standing there swinging my sword at it. As such I love it when players do the same and am much more lenient on just "letting cool things happen" than being a stickler for the rules.

The Pitch:
On a small planet in the Pentatech system the local lord has made a massive discovery. Deep within the mine shafts a mysterious door has sat unopened for generations. Many times the lord's family has tried to open these doors. Many times the words "Research Outpost" have remained untouched. However four days ago, those doors hissed open. Lord Daniel has managed to slow the spread of this information, at least until he could hire a group of adventurers to loot it for himself. You are that group.

What you need:
Give me a brief introduction here, and give me a basic character concept. I am encouraging occult characters (Or characters with a strong connection to occult stuff if they aren't occult themselves). All occult besides Antinomy will be allowed. After I get a party I'll walk through character creation with you guys.

Kaloth
August 25th, 2015, 22:13
Oh a few other things I should mention: I am looking at 3-4 hours per week dependant on schedules. I am EST and prefer evenings. Additionally I do have an ultimate liscense.

Giddoen
August 29th, 2015, 03:46
Did you get any players? I am interested in a brother battle? But being an occult inspired game not sure that will work but I'm easy. Been years since I've played FS but would not mine getting back into it it was a great setting.

KentoTD
August 29th, 2015, 15:12
I think I may have to be a noble this time. Last two times being a merchant class wasnt exactly beneficial to my health

Kaloth
August 29th, 2015, 17:11
I have one personal friend and a couple people who are interested but haven't had 100% confirmation. Nobles are fun.

Borthers Battle are priests. Any priest can be an occult character if you choose to have magic. Plus the brother battle theurgy list owns. It's my second favorite.

alabad al simio
September 9th, 2015, 10:56
Hi! I do not know if I am in time yet. I would love to paly fadins suns (love this universe). I bought it years ago, with a lot of expansions, but I do not why I never played :(
I am a no native speaker, but I hope it is not a problem. Please, tell me if you are intersted in taking me in!

I would love to play a Vorox, the loyal bodyguard of a noble (other player). Right now I do not remember all the fading suns background with depht. But I will start to check it.

What system do you want to play? Classic? d20?

PD: I am a 30yo Spaniard living in Germany.

Haibane
September 11th, 2015, 01:58
I like Fading Suns but the rules are a little bit of a mess, are you running by the book or did you do a homebrew version ?

Kaloth
September 13th, 2015, 04:09
I like Fading Suns but the rules are a little bit of a mess, are you running by the book or did you do a homebrew version ?

Typically I run mostly by the book but I do homebrew combat heavily. I also follow the policy of if a rule is not working for the group we can change it. As far as still accepting we haven't yet set up a date so I am still willing to take on an extra person or two.