PDA

View Full Version : New player LF DnD group

Naughtydread
August 22nd, 2015, 23:47
Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I decide to use the template created in the forums for GM's please keep in mind I am only looking to join as a player.

Skill Level: Unskilled have not played pen and paper for over a decade...
FG License: Demo (willing to upgrade if I find a group)
Game System: Anything fun and has a good combat system

Time Zone: EST, willing to play in other time zones as long as I am not going to bed at 1am on a Monday night.
Day of week and time: Open after 6pm EST (except Monday and Tuesday night)
If new game, planned start date: ASAP
Planned Frequency: Open
Term: Long term keep playing for a while, or Working through a module and will be done as a group when that is over, etc.

Text or Voice: Open
Voice software used: Open

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50, 25/75 Prefer Heavy Combat
Number of Players in game & needed: Prefer a game with 3+ players
Character starting level & equipment: Open
Character restrictions: Magic casters allowed (love playing mages)

Details of your scenario: I have only ever played DnD 1st and 2nd edition. Looking for a group that has a bit of patience with new players. Currently I am trying to make a level 1 character for the 3.5 e and 5th e since from my untrained eye they appear to be most popular.

Nyghtmare
August 22nd, 2015, 23:54
Welcome to Fantasy Grounds, Naughtydread. :)

You will find in general that the 3.5e rules will provide a lot of options for customizing a character, whereas the 5e rules are much simpler and allow you to get the character created faster.

Wazoodust
August 23rd, 2015, 06:39
NaughtyDread, Welcome and thanks for jumping in on the quick game tonight, I hope you enjoyed it and learned a few things, I think all of us did. The community here is great for answering any questions you'll have. If something opens up in my game I'm starting I'll be sure to let you know