PDA

View Full Version : Random Table in another ruleset

Larhalt
August 22nd, 2015, 19:26
Hello,
I'm using the ruleset ADD2 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/library/ADD2.xcp) created by psicodelix.

I'm wondering if it's possible to insert the same Random Table present in the 5E ruleset in this one.

damned
August 23rd, 2015, 09:00
not really because the 5e modules are encrypted so you cant access their code.
making new tables is however very easy.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yVByyjYG9Q
www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_PjDtAZsEU

Mask_of_winter
August 23rd, 2015, 09:24
Is ADD2 Foundation or CoreRpg?

Larhalt
August 23rd, 2015, 10:43
not really because the 5e modules are encrypted so you cant access their code.
making new tables is however very easy.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yVByyjYG9Q
www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_PjDtAZsEU

Damned, I know how to make a new table, what I really need is the complete function :)

Is ADD2 Foundation or CoreRpg?

I don't know, how I can check it?

Larhalt
August 26th, 2015, 11:12
Could someone help me, please? :)

damned
August 26th, 2015, 13:51
Could someone help me, please? :)

You asked a question about taking tables from 5e and putting them in another ruleset. the answer is no. the 5e source books are encrypted.

kylania
August 26th, 2015, 14:44
That ADD2 ruleset doesn't even have the table button at all.

Mask_of_winter
August 26th, 2015, 14:50
Tables weren't supported prior to CoreRpg and ADD2 is a foundation ruleset. It would first need updated to CoreRpg in order to support tables.

Trenloe
August 26th, 2015, 15:45
You'd need to work out where the table code is in CoreRPG and port that code (and any related templates - which might be most of the work) and graphics, etc. to the ADD2 ruleset. Some info here might be handy: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20651-Modifying-the-CoreRPG-ruleset

This would give you the table functionality within the ADD2 ruleset. It probably wouldn't fit in too well graphics/theme wise. You'd then have to manually enter any tables you wanted. Or, if they're already in a campaign (in a campaign database, not a module) export them into a module, change the ruleset of the module and open the module in your ADD2 campaign (with the table functionality added).

Larhalt
August 26th, 2015, 22:45
Thank you for your reply Trenloe. It seems too difficult for my knowledge, but oh well, I'll try anyway :)

Griogre
August 29th, 2015, 16:32
I'm late to this but let me offer you an easy alternative. Just do a table of links ie

1-2: 1d4+1 Skeletons
3: 2d6 Giant Rats
4: Luminus Fungus (Harmless)
5: 1 Orc
6: Roll On 2nd level table

Basically just duplicate the roll tables you would see in a book, and roll the dice manually, but use the link to go to either an encounter or story entry so you don't have to look anything up.

Wazoodust
September 3rd, 2015, 09:26
I was wondering if there is a way to roll multiple times on a table and insert it into a parcel. what I'm trying to do is roll several weapons/ supplied that could be put in a parcel to be in a shop/NPC in a campaign.
I wanted to roll say 20 melee weapons available in the shop for sale, drop them in a parcel and if some one needs and buys something then they can do so. I wanted to do a rol multiple times since not everywhere will hava everything an hand all of the time. Is it something that would require coding or is there a command I can use in a table to say roll 20 or 30 times and place that in a parcel. It's be a nifty tool if it can be done, if not.... on to more shiny things !!

Trenloe
September 3rd, 2015, 15:35
You can't automate that results of a roll on a table without doing custom code. You can do this manually: roll multiple times on a table (e.g. weapons - with the links to each of the weapons in the table) and the resulting weapon links will be shown in the chat window. Drag those links to a new item parcel.

Wazoodust
September 3rd, 2015, 23:46
OK, I set up tables and figured it'd work manually, was just trying to be lazy about it. I probably need to learn about coding (yeah, I'm old enough to have missed it) and go from there. This would be a handy thing for hoard treasure too. If anyone knows a good place to point me to learn the coding I'd need to learn point me there, I'll give it a shot

Trenloe
September 3rd, 2015, 23:52
If anyone knows a good place to point me to learn the coding I'd need to learn point me there, I'll give it a shot
Start the long road here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20651-Modifying-the-CoreRPG-ruleset

Get a LUA programming book. This Beginning Lua Programming eBook is good (and currently free): https://it-ebooks.info/book/2556/ Skip Chapter 1 - you don't need to install LUA or compile anything as it is built into Fantasy Grounds.

poppy_thompson
October 2nd, 2015, 18:46
Ok ... going even further down the lazy scale. Is there a way to modify the existing user created Crit/Fumble table for 5E? I would like to keep the functionality, but would like to revise the options.

kylania
October 2nd, 2015, 19:42
Is that not under Modules/fumblecrit.mod?

poppy_thompson
October 2nd, 2015, 22:41
Is that not under Modules/fumblecrit.mod?

Sorry. I don't quite understand what you mean.

kylania
October 3rd, 2015, 00:10
You can edit the db.xml file within the fumblecrit.mod file inside your modules folder under your FGData folder to change the results that happen when you have the Default Fumble and Critical Hit Tables module loaded and Attack: Fumble/Crit Tables selected under House Rules (GM) for your GM options.

Moon Wizard
October 3rd, 2015, 01:20
You can also create a new table in your campaign with the same name, and unload the fumble/crit module.

Cheers,
JPG

poppy_thompson
October 3rd, 2015, 02:36
Thanks. I'll give those a try.

MAT