PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder / MGE Campaign Looking for Players

Unimprezzed
August 22nd, 2015, 17:43
I’m starting a Pathfinder campaign set in the Monster Girl Encyclopedia universe. Be warned that it is geared towards a mature audience, and may contain adult material. If anyone’s interested, please read the game details and reply to this post, or shoot me a private message and we'll talk about it.
Be warned that I'm a first time GM, but I have a good track record of listening to suggestions from other players.

Host FG License: Basic
Communication: Text (I have yet to determine if voice is needed or required)
Players: Have two players already, need two or three more.
Planned Game Times: Sundays, 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM CDT
Planned Game Start Date: Sunday, August 29, 1:00 PM
Base Ruleset: Pathfinder
Alignment: Any Good, Any Neutral
Allowed Races: Human (Male, Female), Elf (Male, Female), Dwarf (Male), Half-Elf (Male, Female) (The setting puts restrictions on what player races are allowed)
Starting Gold: 600 GP
Starting Stats: 1:1 22-Point Buy (Base: 10 for all stats)
Character Restrictions:
Discuss with GM. I am willing to be flexible, but there are restrictions the setting imposes that make it difficult to just roll up a character like you would in base Pathfinder.

Game Details:

Welcome to the Holy Kingdom of Firmyre. This human-controlled nation is little different than many other nations in this new age. The Order of the Chief God maintains a moderate presence here, fighting the forces of the Monster Lord that have chosen to besiege this fair nation.

The general mood of the nation, however, has changed in more recent times. Only a few years ago did the Theocracy of Lescatie, one of the more powerful Order-controlled states, fall in a single night to a horde of monsters, most of them raised from within the nation's borders. Now, it is a Demon Realm, a dark place where even the very air corrupts the hearts of anyone who steps into it. Once a place of hope and purity, it is now a place that knows only lust and depravity, and where decency and piety go to die.

There were fears that with a nation renowned for its heroes out of the way, more monsters would be emboldened to attack other regions as well, a concern that proved itself justified in more recent times. The number of monster attacks and sightings in Firmyre has increased steadily over the last several years, and people are beginning to lose faith in the Chief God. After all, if she could not save Lescatie, how could she prevent any other nation from suffering a similar fate?

For whatever reason, you have traveled to the capital of Firmyre, the fortified city of Ironwyn. Within the walls of this city are the royal palace, a grand cathedral that serves as the seat of power for the cardinal, and several paladin orders. For the people who live here, it is a safe place, free from the horrors that wait outside, ready to engulf those who wander outside the protection of its walls. This protection extends to outlying villages and farming communities. Your reasons for coming here are little different than most. Regardless, you all came here for a reason. As the local saying goes, "All roads lead to Ironwyn."

You decide to rest at a local inn after a long day of travel across the monster-infested countryside. The inn which has been offering lower rates and better service than its competitors in preparation for a religious holiday within the next month, and by happenstance you run into other travelers like yourself. This is where our story begins…

RustyAngel
August 22nd, 2015, 20:44
Sounds interesting, but I already have a game starting up on Sundays. It's always nice to see more GM's interested in running text games tho :) kudos.

damned
August 23rd, 2015, 09:05
Welcoem Unimprezzed. Good intro. Text works but will appeal to less payers and is quite a bit slower. Those that prefer text tend to really prefer text :)