PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 5E: LMoP and Beyond] Forgotten Realms Crusades

poppy_thompson
August 21st, 2015, 19:38
Description: More than five hundred years ago, clans of dwarves and gnomes made an agreement known as the Phandelver's Pact, by which they would share a rich mine in a wondrous cavern known as Wave Echo Cave. In addition to its mineral wealth, the mine contained great magical power. Human spellcasters allied themselves with the dwarves and gnomes to channel and bind that energy into a great forge (called the Forge of Spells), where magic items could be crafted. Times were good, and the nearby human town of Phandalin prospered as well. But then disaster struck when orcs swept through the North and laid waste to all in their path.

A powerful force of orcs reinforced by evil mercenary wizards attacked Wave Echo Cave to seize its riches and magic treasures. Human wizards fought alongside their dwarf and gnome allies to defend the Forge of Spells, and the ensuing spell battle destroyed much of the cavern. Few survived the cave-ins and tremors, and the location of Wave Echo Cave was lost.

For centuries, rumors of buried riches have attracted treasure seekers and opportunists to the area around Phandalin, but no one has ever succeeded in locating the lost mine. In recent years, people have resettled the area. Phandalin is now a rough-and-tumble frontier town.

The party is approximately halfway through the LMoP module. We have a half-elf cleric, human barbarian, aasimar warlock and a wood elf ranger. The schedule is somewhat loose in that we work around everyone's schedule as much as possible. The players have stepped up to run one off adventures from time to time. The major selling point I am trying to convey is we are a group of people that are coming together to have as much fun as possible playing a VTTRPG.

We don't want any power gamers or meta gamers. Having stated that, I have no issue if you have played or read the modules in the past, but I will not tolerate someone ruining the game by constantly using that information when the character wouldn't know about it.

Newbies are definitely welcome.

Please take a paragraph or two to describe your character below.

FG License: GM has Ultimate License. Players would only need Demo version
Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: Eastern USA
Day of week and time: Saturday @ 8:00pm

Planned Frequency: Every other week
Term: Long term keep playing for a while. Currently working through the LMoP module. The plan is to move into another module (HoTDQ, RoT and/or PotA) or homebrew it up.

Text or Voice: Mix of both. Majority Voice with Text foundation.
Voice software used: Teamspeak

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: Have 4 players. Need 1 (at a minimum)
Character starting level & equipment: 3rd level, standard equipment.
Character restrictions: Only core races and classes unless discussed with GM

Gamecalendar page: [D&D 5E: LMoP and Beyond] Forgotten Realms Crusades (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1589)

Trenloe
August 21st, 2015, 19:42
Sounds very cool!

FG License: GM has Full License. Players would only need Demo/Lite version
FYI: If you have a Full licence (not Ultimate) then players with a demo licence can't play.

poppy_thompson
August 21st, 2015, 19:55
Sounds very cool!

FYI: If you have a Full licence (not Ultimate) then players with a demo licence can't play.

Edit made. Thanks!

Halma
August 21st, 2015, 23:13
Id be interested in joining you guys. I have sent you a PM Poppy with my information. Let me know if you still have a spot open. I will create a background and character quickly.

Wolph
August 22nd, 2015, 03:00
So i sent you a pm but the play time works great for me.

Blackmoor
August 22nd, 2015, 03:34
hi Poppy ... read through your description and it sounds like fun. I'm completely new at FG, and only have the Demo version right now. I would like to sit in as an observer just to see how it all works (video only gives you a feel for so much). And if I like it (which I'm leaning towards, yes), I'll buy it and like to adventure regularly with you all.

Leaning towards a grumbling, brooding, Mountain Dwarf, Fighter/Thief (or just Fighter) ...

oh and I apologize in advance for my slow uptake on this interface, some of the UIs seem a little weird to me and I tend to get frustrated when I can't seem to figure it out lol.

damned
August 22nd, 2015, 10:43
Welcome Blackmoor dont be shy. The UI is... different. But once you get over the fact its different a lot of it becomes quite intuitive.

poppy_thompson
August 22nd, 2015, 13:27
hi Poppy ... read through your description and it sounds like fun. I'm completely new at FG, and only have the Demo version right now. I would like to sit in as an observer just to see how it all works (video only gives you a feel for so much). And if I like it (which I'm leaning towards, yes), I'll buy it and like to adventure regularly with you all.

Leaning towards a grumbling, brooding, Mountain Dwarf, Fighter/Thief (or just Fighter) ...

oh and I apologize in advance for my slow uptake on this interface, some of the UIs seem a little weird to me and I tend to get frustrated when I can't seem to figure it out lol.

No worries about getting used to the UI. We are all fairly new to the software. There is a learning curve, but we're all learning together. Shoot me a brief background for your character.

Halma
August 22nd, 2015, 19:39
Ok Sent background :)

Blackmoor
August 22nd, 2015, 19:47
background sent as well ...

poppy_thompson
August 22nd, 2015, 19:59
Ok ... I have enough players to make a decision. Thanks for the interest! If we need more players, I will open the search again.