PDA

View Full Version : Question: Thumbnails in Library?

Hitcher
August 21st, 2015, 16:42
Hi,

I am currently developing some library modules for our current "Das Schwarze Auge" campaign, and am stuck with a - most likely quite simple - error. I see the thumbnail inside the module activation - but I do not see any thumbnails inside the library.

The console gives this error message:
Ruleset Warning: setIcon: Could not find icon (module_Gesellschafts Talente) for control (thumbnail) in windowclass (library_booklistentry)
Ruleset Warning: setIcon: Could not find icon (module_Handwerks Talente) for control (thumbnail) in windowclass (library_booklistentry)
Ruleset Warning: setIcon: Could not find icon (module_Kampf Talente) for control (thumbnail) in windowclass (library_booklistentry)
Ruleset Warning: setIcon: Could not find icon (module_Körperliche Talente) for control (thumbnail) in windowclass (library_booklistentry)
Ruleset Warning: setIcon: Could not find icon (module_Natur Talente) for control (thumbnail) in windowclass (library_booklistentry)
Ruleset Warning: setIcon: Could not find icon (module_Sprachen und Schriften) for control (thumbnail) in windowclass (library_booklistentry)
Ruleset Warning: setIcon: Could not find icon (module_Gesellschafts Talente) for control (thumbnail) in windowclass (library_booklistentry)

I looked into other modules, where it seems to work, but I guess I am too bad at programming to find my error.

My definition.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<root version="3.1" release="6">
<name>Das Schwarze Auge - Talente</name>
<category></category>
<author>TalonZorch</author>
<ruleset>DSA_DZ_4.1WE</ruleset>
</root>

A snip of my common.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<root version="3.1" release="6">

<library>

<talente-kampf static="true">
<name type="string">Kampf Talente</name>
<categoryname type="string">Das Schwarze Auge - Talente</categoryname>
<entries>
<aaa>
<librarylink type="windowreference">
<class>referencetext</class>
<recordname>..</recordname>
</librarylink>
<name type="string"># Überblick </name>
<text type="formattedtext">
Copyrighted content here
</text>
</aaa>
</entries>
'many stuff here
</talente-kampf>

</library>

<reference static="true">
</reference>

<lists static="true">
</lists>

</root>

Inside the module is a file names thumbnail.png.

What am I missing? Can someone help me?

Trenloe
August 21st, 2015, 17:07
I'm guessing the name of the file is Kampf Talente.mod for example?

"Kampf Talente" (the name of the module, with the .mod removed) should match the <name> entry in definition.xml.

Hitcher
August 21st, 2015, 17:58
The file is named DSA_LD_Talente.mod . I have entered the same name into the definition.xml, but I still do not see any further images.

Next to <talente-kampf static="true"> I have also <talente-koerperlich static="true"> <talente-handwerk static="true"> <talente-gesellschaft static="true"> <talente-natur static="true"> <talente-wissen static="true">and <talente-sprachen static="true"> - all inside the same common.xml.

Should I enter somewhere a path to an image?

ddavison
August 21st, 2015, 18:00
How wide are your thumbnail.png files for each module? They might be getting hidden due to excessive width.

Hitcher
August 21st, 2015, 18:10
I only have got one thumbnail.png file. It is 100x100px

Trenloe
August 21st, 2015, 18:23
The warning is:

Ruleset Warning: setIcon: Could not find icon (module_Kampf Talente) for control (thumbnail) in windowclass (library_booklistentry)

The ruleset uses the library section name (e.g. <name type="string">Kampf Talente</name>) to try to find an icon reference: module_Kampf Talente But the base module isn't called Kampf Talente, so it can't find that module icon resource.

Just to test, try changing once of these <name> tags to: <name type="string">Das Schwarze Auge - Talente</name> Just to see if this matches the name to the base module name and so uses the thumbnail from the base module. I know this won't help too much, but it will see if this is the reason.

Hitcher
August 21st, 2015, 18:44
Changed one name Tag to the corresponding name tag - and now this part of the module is supplied with a picture.
Any idea how I can give the other parts also pictures, without making a module for each of the libraries?

Trenloe
August 21st, 2015, 18:49
Any idea how I can give the other parts also pictures, without making a module for each of the libraries?
The code against the library_booklistentry windowclass used to construct the interface only looks at the base module icon (thumbnail.png). So, without modifying the CoreRPG ruleset definition of library_booklistentry (in utility_library.xml), this can't be done.

Hitcher
August 21st, 2015, 18:51
Ok. Thanks for the info, Trenloe. I will find another way around it, then.

Hitcher
August 21st, 2015, 20:17

Thank you - now it looks good!

Trenloe
August 21st, 2015, 20:19
Thank you - now it looks good!
Looks very nice. Did you have to do them as separate modules?

Hitcher
August 21st, 2015, 21:56
Yep, had them seperated into single modules.

Hitcher
August 22nd, 2015, 14:16
And now, knowing a bit more about the anatomy of the modules ... I guess I will remodel it at all :-) Every project you do, increases your understanding of the matter :-)

Nylanfs
August 22nd, 2015, 21:47
Have you seen this excellent video?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/tutorial/xorne-adventure-1a.wmv