PDA

View Full Version : granting cover effect?

WansumBeats
August 20th, 2015, 00:30
Upcoming combat with goblins in LMoP the goblins have 3/4 cover from ranged attacks... ive read the effect page and played around with it, but i keep getting ERROR unable to decode effect details

SCOVER (-) [range]* (T); Cover (Superior); (ATK: -5)

i dont know how to apply this ingame? does it go under effects? im trying to add an effect "SCOVER;melee;(ATK:-5)

Mask_of_winter
August 20th, 2015, 00:35
Aren't there boxes next to advantage and disadvantage you can click before you roll with -5, +5, -2. +2 ?

Moon Wizard
August 20th, 2015, 00:38
Try "SCOVER: ranged" or just SCOVER.

Also, there are quick buttons that the players can use. -5 on the desktop, and SCOVER button in campaign modifiers window.

Cheers,
JPG

WansumBeats
August 20th, 2015, 02:11
ty got em both to work... on to effect #2

"DMGTYPE; radiant" cant get it to change the type of damage... tried with [ ] and with : its showing up as Effect ['DMGTYPE;'] [D:1] -> [to wansum]

WansumBeats
August 20th, 2015, 02:39
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects

im having serious issues getting the commands available in this list to work, most of the ones i have tried come up unable to decode effect...ADVATK: melee, opportunity... GRANTADVATK: ranged.

is there a thread or somewhere i can go to see the actual commands in context... exhaustion is another one...

shouldnt be this difficult

Trenloe
August 20th, 2015, 03:27
There's lots of example at the bottom of that page you reference.

A thing you have to remember is that a semi-colon ; ends an effect - so DMGTYPE; radiant is essentially two separate entries. In general, if you need to add a specific type you'll use <effectname>: <type>. So, DMGTYPE: radiant should work - adding radiant to the type of damage when damage is rolled.

HOWEVER: I've just noticed an issue with DMGTYPE. If the base damage roll doesn't have a type (untyped) then DMGTYPE won't add a type of damage.

"ADVATK: melee" works fine for me - granting advantage when a melee attack is rolled by the holder of the effect.

"GRANTADVATK: ranged" works fine for me - granting advantage when a ranged attack is rolled against the holder of the effect.

Effects will only kick in when you make a roll that an effect will apply to.

Trenloe
August 20th, 2015, 03:32
DMGTYPE not operating with untyped base damage reported here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25657-5E-DMGTYPE-effect-not-working-when-base-damage-is-untyped