PDA

View Full Version : Resize Chat window

Enki
August 19th, 2015, 20:12
Hello,
My chat windows is obscured by the modifier and dice.
I cannot seem to resize or move it in BRP.
I just want to shave a bit off the bottom.
If the rules do not support resizing does anyone know where to locate the dimensions in the program?
Thanks

Trenloe
August 19th, 2015, 21:13
The ruleset doesn't support re-sizing - the Chatbox graphics is a static graphic so can't be easily re-sized.

The default layout shouldn't have any overlap. Are you using /scalueui to magnify the FG window? If so, try typing the following in the chat window: /scaleui 100 and seeing if that makes a difference.

If you really want to change the location/size of the chat panel, they are found in desktop_panels.xml in the <panel name="chat" modes="local"> section. But you may also need to change the <bounds> of control in <windowclass name="statchat"> in desktop_classes.xml and perhaps the dimensions of <framedef name="chatbox"> in graphics_frame.xml.

Enki
August 19th, 2015, 22:15
Thank you Trenloe.
I just found out that the Windows 10 task bar shoves the dice and modifier box into the chat box hiding the typing section.
Once the task bar is set to auto hide it self corrects when to drops out of the way.
As a side note I did get all the chart formatting corrected based upon an earlier post you helped with.
Ditched the <p></p>s!

Trenloe
August 19th, 2015, 22:17
As a side note I did get all the chart formatting corrected based upon an earlier post you helped with.
Ditched the <p></p>s!
Awesome! If you don't mind sharing your corrections, could you drop an email to [email protected] mentioning the fixes you did - they might push an updated module with your corrections.

Enki
August 19th, 2015, 22:24
Glad to share.
I am also using the myquest example to to create a RQIII, SB, HM compatible environment(s).
If anyone can help me separate the attack and parry skills on the character sheet that would be great.

Here was my earlier post:

I am altering the MyQuest extension to work better with RQIII.
RQIII uses parry as a separate skill from attack.
Parry uses agility and attack uses manipulation skill modifiers.
I would like to be able to add this to the system, either as another field for the weapon or by adding a weapon type of Parry, (like Melee, Missile, Parry), and then adding the weapon into that area as well as the base weapon type for attack.
By that I mean a Long Sword would be entered under Weapons - Melee and have a second entry under Weapons - Parry.
I would prefer just having two fields for each weapon, Attack / Parry, each with its proper base yet either would suffice.
Does anyone know where and how I might be able to do this?
So far this seems the biggest stumbling block to getting BRP to model RQIII.
Thanks,
Mike

Vhok
August 24th, 2015, 04:05
the chat window is so tiny on my home computer because of the higher resolution, can barely see it lol

damned
August 24th, 2015, 06:02
the chat window is so tiny on my home computer because of the higher resolution, can barely see it lol

use /scaleui 125 or use the extensions in another current thread to increase the text size of chat window and library entries?