PDA

View Full Version : Updating the d20 ruleset files between patches

Goblin-King
January 9th, 2005, 08:54
Since the d20 ruleset files aren't a part of the core program, but an optional component, they aren't automatically updated each patch. However, a patch might contain a change you'd like to copy over to your custom ruleset.

For this purpose, here's a link to a small utility program you should place in the Fantasy Grounds program folder (C:\Program files\FantasyGrounds by default) if you wish to use it. What it does is it updates all the source files from the updated resources from the patch. You can also use this if you didn't install the source files but would like to extract them now.

Download the resource extractor (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/UnPak.exe).

There is not much help (or even a user interface) available when running the program. To run, simply start the file and wait a couple of seconds for it to do its thing. Please note that this utility might override files in the data and rulesets\d20 folders. Do not run this utility if you keep important customized files in those locations.

This utility will be automatically installed with full installs from 1.03 forward.

realistik
July 18th, 2005, 17:49
For what it's worth, after I installed FG, I tried opening resource.pak with 7-Zip and it came right up. It also had no problems extracting the files from the .pak. So while it's nice to have UnPak, it's also nice to be able to just extract a single file from the .pak rather than unpacking the whole thing.

Just as an exercise, I also opened it and extracted files with WinZip, which I figured should work.

Snoreboy
November 18th, 2005, 08:23
Help please, because I must be doing something wrong.
I have installed the full license verison and when i saw the modern d20 ruleset i almost uped up and down.
I downloaded it, unziped it and placed in in the folder Rulesets.
So i have two folders in there: d20 and d20 Modern
Now when i go into the GM hosting i don't have the option of choosing d20 Modern, only d20.
I have the latest patch, i have run unpac.exe and in d20 there is the file named: d20_export.xml

Any ideas as to why i can't use the ruleset please?

Goblin-King
November 18th, 2005, 08:55
I downloaded it, unziped it and placed in in the folder Rulesets.
So i have two folders in there: d20 and d20 Modern
Now when i go into the GM hosting i don't have the option of choosing d20 Modern, only d20.

Is there a file called base.xml in the "rulesets\d20 Modern" directory? Depending on the zip file you downloaded and the method you used to unpack it, it might have been designed to be unpacked directly into the FG program folder. If you have something like "rulesets\d20 Modern\rulesets" or "rulesets\d20 Modern\d20 Modern", check for instructions where you got the file, or move the contents of the folder containing the base.xml file to the first "d20 Modern" folder.

Snoreboy
November 18th, 2005, 09:53
No the file is in there. There is no sub directory.
There is rulesets/d20 Modern
and
there is : rulesets/d20.

Never mind, found the problem :)