PDA

View Full Version : Megahex map help

Lysander
August 15th, 2015, 19:08
I was digging thru some old 'stuff' and lo and behold, I found my very old Steve Jackson 'The Fantasy Trip' gaming stuff. Still in fair shape, I discovered I still had the module 'Tollenkar's Lair', and 'Orb Quest' (among other things). These items seem perfect for the Savage Worlds fantasy game I am running on FG, as long as you like playing on hexes (which I do). Now, I was missing the map for Orb Quest, but I found a replica online, with the old 'MegaHex' design included, but that's where my problem starts.

Tollenkar's Lair is not megahex friendly. The 6 levels are all crammed into on 8 x 11 standard hex map, and at some point in the past, I had managed to separate the 6 levels each onto their own standard hex map. The problem is that I really need an Orb Quest like map, but out much farther so I can make the battle maps on FG. Many of the Tollenkar Room Maps exceed the size of the Orb Quest Map. I tried just free handing them on the FG hex grid generator, but they look like crap.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on how I can get me a full page size pregenerated megahex map with the least effort possible?

Andraax
August 15th, 2015, 23:36
GIMP with the "hex map generator" script?

Andraax
August 15th, 2015, 23:37
But I would just do the map without hexes and let FG lay a hex grid over it.

Lysander
August 16th, 2015, 19:48
Well, The source map is already hexed and it has crazy symbols for each level, so it's not that easy. But I have a sudden inspiration. Import a small scale grid and then lay a hex grid over it to match the megahex look I desire... Or the other way around even... I'll try that