PDA

View Full Version : Unicore

chillybilly
August 14th, 2015, 22:44
Hi folks!

I know this set is pretty old but I was wondering if anyone can help.

As the GM, I can load and run the Unicore ruleset (along with a theme and rulesampler) just fine. However, when a player tries to join my game, she gets:

Ruleset: Unicore, Error: Unable to load ruleset file (graphics_portraitsets.xml)

When she actually can get in, all the buttons are missing, dice are missing, etc.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Griogre
August 14th, 2015, 22:48
Double check the player and GM are on the same version of FG.

Assuming the same version, I would have her "Nuke" her cache and reconnect. It might be corrupt or it might be she is just on a flaky connection. To clear the cache after she presses the "Join Game" button under the version number is a button with a radiation symbol on it. Have her press it and then try to re-connect.

chillybilly
August 14th, 2015, 23:07
Double check the player and GM are on the same version of FG.

Assuming the same version, I would have her "Nuke" her cache and reconnect. It might be corrupt or it might be she is just on a flaky connection. To clear the cache after she presses the "Join Game" button under the version number is a button with a radiation symbol on it. Have her press it and then try to re-connect.

Thanks very much for the tip. Unfortunately, it didn't work. Same error.

Trenloe
August 14th, 2015, 23:52
Do you get the same issue if you run another instance of FG on the same computer as the GM instance? "Join game" using a host address of localhost

chillybilly
August 14th, 2015, 23:57
Do you get the same issue if you run another instance of FG on the same computer as the GM instance? "Join game" using a host address of localhost

Very interesting. I can log in without any trouble.

chillybilly
August 15th, 2015, 00:11
Very interesting. I can log in without any trouble.

To add some more info. I called a second friend and he got the same error as the first. However, I can log into the ruleset without problem doing what Trenloe suggested.

Trenloe
August 15th, 2015, 00:26
Make sure you don't have any non alpha-numeric characters in your camaign name. Especially things like a colon, etc..

chillybilly
August 15th, 2015, 02:15
Make sure you don't have any non alpha-numeric characters in your camaign name. Especially things like a colon, etc..

Sorry, that didn't work. I created a new campaign named "testing" but had the same problem.

chillybilly
August 15th, 2015, 03:01
Sorry, that didn't work. I created a new campaign named "testing" but had the same problem.

More info...

We are getting the same error. It's a popup window that asks if the player wants to trying reloading the data. When she/he hits yes, the error pops up again. When she/he clicks no, the FG desktop appears without any buttons or chatbox (although they do have dice).

In the debug console (or whatever it's called) there are the follwing errors:

Ruleset Error: Host Extension (Unicore-theme-grayscale) unable to be loaded : Invalid XML
Ruleset Error: Desktop: Could not find hotkey title font (hotkey)
Ruleset Error: Desktop: Could not find hotkey label font (hotkey)
Ruleset Error: Desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (identitiyselection)
Ruleset Error: Desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (identitiyselection)

The last one appears twice.

Mask_of_winter
August 15th, 2015, 03:57
Any players using a cloud storage service to store their FG data?

Trenloe
August 15th, 2015, 04:11
Ruleset Error: Desktop: Could not find hotkey title font (hotkey)
Ruleset Error: Desktop: Could not find hotkey label font (hotkey)
I get the same errors, but not if I load the dungeon theme.

chillybilly
August 15th, 2015, 12:55
I get the same errors, but not if I load the dungeon theme.

Nobody is using cloud (but I never even thought of that).

None of the themes work for us. Same type of errors.

I am using the files DL'd from the wiki. My Unicore.pak is 878k big. Themes are also from the the wiki, the dungeon theme is 9,499k big.

chillybilly
August 15th, 2015, 17:59
In perhaps the most inelegant solution ever, I believe I found a fix.

I simply cut and pasted the entire ruleset (after unpacking with with WinRAR) into the theme I decided to use. I "skipped" the pasting of duplicate files but allowed all the rest to copy over to the theme.

The ruleset loads now for my players.

Ugly but hopefully effective.

I want to thank Griogre, Mask of Winter, and Trenloe for their help. This community rocks!

Griogre
August 15th, 2015, 18:51
Glad you got it working. From the original console errors it looks like there might have been a problem with the Unicorn theme's XML. Your fix, sounds like it should be stable.