PDA

View Full Version : Do you livestream? What product do you use?

gm_chris
August 14th, 2015, 16:17
I am planning to start livestreaming on Twitch, but there are three roughly similar broadcast options. Do any of you have experiences using any of these three: OBS, XSplit, or FFsplit? If you do, do you have any preference for any of the three?

Are there any issues I need to be mindful of before getting up and running? For example, is there any issue broadcasting voice among the various VOIP options (Hangouts, Teamspeak, etc.) and using Twitch? (If this questions makes no sense - keep in mind that my level of familiarity with these technologies is zero...)

Is there a helpful guide about livestreaming FantasyGrounds I could review to become less a noob?

Mask_of_winter
August 14th, 2015, 16:31
There's a recent streaming guide in the wiki. Look up and click on the Wiki tab.

kylania
August 14th, 2015, 16:48
Is there a helpful guide about livestreaming FantasyGrounds I could review to become less a noob?

The first sticky in this very same forum (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24282-How-to-make-an-overlay-and-setup-OBS-for-streaming!) is a guide to streaming.

Honken
August 14th, 2015, 17:07
I do stream occationally. I use X-Split.

/H

gm_chris
August 14th, 2015, 17:46
I was thrown by the title "How to make an overlay..." (stop reading). Thanks for pointing it out; I'm looking at the playlist now.

Mithreinmaethor
August 14th, 2015, 20:58
I use 64 bit OBS and have for awhile.