PDA

View Full Version : Interface Zero 2.0

Dr0W
August 13th, 2015, 21:29
First of all, I'd like to personally congratulate Doswelk on this very well done work. The theme is gorgeous, there are portraits, a new tab for cyberware, contacts... Everything I could need to run my Interface Zero 2.0 that I was already planning to. Thanks a lot!

But now some troubleshooting since a few things might have gone unnoticed.

The weapons have no descriptions at all. =x

Doswelk
August 14th, 2015, 06:20
That's rather worrying as I remember putting them in!

One version even had the correct image as part of the description, but that did not work when we converted SW to CoreRPG mode, I'll check

Sorry

Dr0W
August 14th, 2015, 11:19
No worries! I'll surely report any problem I find while I prepare my campaign so we get a better product. No rush!

Ikael
August 14th, 2015, 23:50
Shame that this was released before I did the final changes/checks to functional parts of the extension... Someone could have given me note that it is going to be released. Oh well, if it works that's fine as it seems I am not in the gang of authors :/

Dr0W
August 15th, 2015, 05:49
I was gathering some errors I'd find on the way but I've stumbled upon an important one:
The "armor" is missing from the player sheet. (That shield thingy that's present on the basic SW, I think it's important on a ruleset full of armors and Armor Penetration, right?)

Also:
- Bioroids are named "Biodroids"
- Zeek Archetype is empty

Edit: The armor shows on the mini-sheet, so not a gamebreaker if I were to play it soon (which I'm not)

Sunspoticus
August 16th, 2015, 02:22
Player visibility on IZ skill descriptions also appears to be broke... GM can see them, players cannot.

Since this extension is stored in content.dat, how can the table be re-skinned effectively?

Doswelk
August 17th, 2015, 18:02
I was gathering some errors I'd find on the way but I've stumbled upon an important one:
The "armor" is missing from the player sheet. (That shield thingy that's present on the basic SW, I think it's important on a ruleset full of armors and Armor Penetration, right?)

Also:
- Bioroids are named "Biodroids"
- Zeek Archetype is empty

Edit: The armor shows on the mini-sheet, so not a gamebreaker if I were to play it soon (which I'm not)

Ikael and I have been busy these last two days, we have uploaded to Smiteworks a new version of IZ 2.0 when it released (after they have checked it and uploaded to update system) you will have the following changes:

Minor interface tweaks (graphics that needing updating to last SW update)
Compatibility with Science Fiction Companion Extension (Interface zero in Space!)
Missing graphics added
Weapon descriptions added
Bioroids renamed
Zeek Archetype fixed.

All graphics in the module have been optimised (player's mod size reduced by 30 MB)

Dr0W
August 18th, 2015, 07:25
Thanks a lot Doswelk and Ikael!
A very little and harmless one:
"Shakes" hindrance is listed as Minor/Major. It's just a Minor hindrance.

Also, I've been working on an Android character that has the "Construct" racial ability that makes it ignore wound penalties and I've found that it's really troublesome to keep remembering to turn the wound penalties off before each roll and I've made myself an extension to solve this. I was going to ask to include it on IZ Extension but Android (and their Construct racial ability) are included in the basic ruleset, so can we see it on the ruleset sometime in the future please? This is how I (crudely) modified 'desktop\scripts\modifierstack.lua' to supply my own needs:

function applyWoundPenalties(damageType, source, charnode)
if OptionsManager.isOption(damageType.prefkey, "all") or
(OptionsManager.isOption(damageType.prefkey, "physical") and isPhysicalSource(source)) then
if isConditionPenaltyEnabled(damageType.nodename) then
local penalty = DB.getValue(charnode, damageType.nodename, 0)
if hasAbility(charnode, "CONSTRUCT") then
penalty = penalty + 3
elseif hasAbility(charnode, "IMPROVED NERVES OF STEEL") then
penalty = penalty + 2
elseif hasAbility(charnode, "NERVES OF STEEL") then
penalty = penalty + 1
end
addOrUpdateSlot(damageType.title, penalty, negativeOnlyValidator)
else
removeByName(damageType.title)
end
end
end

Ikael
August 18th, 2015, 22:03
This is great idea, thanks! I will defenitely create poc about this for the core ruleset. However instead of adding new lines to modifierstack.lua I will introduce way for devs to easily register more custom penalty ignoring abilities. Stay tuned. One another ability beside to Construct that should be supported out-of-the-box is Undead.

Thanks a lot Doswelk and Ikael!
A very little and harmless one:
"Shakes" hindrance is listed as Minor/Major. It's just a Minor hindrance.

Also, I've been working on an Android character that has the "Construct" racial ability that makes it ignore wound penalties and I've found that it's really troublesome to keep remembering to turn the wound penalties off before each roll and I've made myself an extension to solve this. I was going to ask to include it on IZ Extension but Android (and their Construct racial ability) are included in the basic ruleset, so can we see it on the ruleset sometime in the future please? This is how I (crudely) modified 'desktop\scripts\modifierstack.lua' to supply my own needs:

function applyWoundPenalties(damageType, source, charnode)
if OptionsManager.isOption(damageType.prefkey, "all") or
(OptionsManager.isOption(damageType.prefkey, "physical") and isPhysicalSource(source)) then
if isConditionPenaltyEnabled(damageType.nodename) then
local penalty = DB.getValue(charnode, damageType.nodename, 0)
if hasAbility(charnode, "CONSTRUCT") then
penalty = penalty + 3
elseif hasAbility(charnode, "IMPROVED NERVES OF STEEL") then
penalty = penalty + 2
elseif hasAbility(charnode, "NERVES OF STEEL") then
penalty = penalty + 1
end
addOrUpdateSlot(damageType.title, penalty, negativeOnlyValidator)
else
removeByName(damageType.title)
end
end
end

Weblya
August 23rd, 2015, 07:51
This is pretty awesome from what I've seen thus far. Thanks for all the work involved!

I was wondering if there might be a way to handle TAP related stuff and AMS/engram options in a character sheet tab or something similar? Possibly a way to handle neural toughness separately as well. I just started digging into the kit, so it's entirely possible I just haven't seen it yet, so feel free to point me that way as well :)

I can see easily handling AI Sprites and VR avatar stuff in a second character bit for PCs that're using one, but haven't figured out a really ideal method of handling AMS and loaded engrams.

Oh, I also noticed that the Store Clerk, and possibly some other NPCs with shotguns have a broken damage entry, where the gun deals -3d6, presumably some extension of the way shotguns are listed 1-3d6 in the text.

Mask_of_winter
August 23rd, 2015, 09:16
In character creation, new skills, the descriptions for Hacking, Demolition and Programming, Athletics are blank.
All ranged weapons are showing as Melee weapons in the item description and the AP field is blank. And this WT Long Barrel has 42675 shots.
AP field is also blank in the Melee weapons descriptions.
This is a minor bug and maybe it's just me but in the weapons list, the Notes field is blank until you open up one entry. Same on the character sheet.

Hendell
September 11th, 2015, 00:25
Thanks for making this, I am really liking this setting the more I read up on it.

Are there anymore updates or add ons in the works for this setting?

I saw a mention of a npc module being made in the players book?

Just curious about it, I also was wondering if anyone is running a campaign for this yet? I haven't seen any advertising for one.

Mask_of_winter
September 11th, 2015, 02:06
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25695-LFP-Interface-Zero-2-0-From-Gaza-With-Love

Hendell
September 12th, 2015, 00:07
Thank you Mask, I Have signed up for it as well.

Mask_of_winter
September 12th, 2015, 00:15
I had to cancel tonight's game and it's kinda full but I could probably squeeze one more guy in.

Ixion77
February 24th, 2016, 18:13
I purchased Interface Zero a few months ago. This module is Amazing and I really love this setting!
Unfortunately, all the bugs already reported, have not yet been resolved.
1- In character creation, new skills, the descriptions for Hacking, Demolition and Programming, Athletics are blank.
2- All ranged weapons are showing as Melee weapons in the item description
3- and the AP field is blank.
4- in the weapons list, the Notes field is blank until you open up one entry. Same on the character sheet.

then add:
5- tables lists windows: the window is resizable only vertically, not horizontally
6- cyberware: 3.03 Table Augment Grades and Costs is incomplete compared to what is in the paper manual; The "strain" column is missing
7- TAP application list: the notes field, containig multirow text, is unreadable in the list view; the window forse the mutlrow text in a single row cell.

Future implementation i would like to have:
- personalities armor field should work like the PC armor field (if you click on it an armor Windows open up where you can list/flag what is used)
- ammo: bind Attacks the attack roll to ammo consumption and to the type of attack modifiers (singole shot/double tap/burst fire/automatic fire) - when you roll an attack modifiers are applaied automatically baseed on the type of the attack, and ammo is reduced consequently
- ammo usage: make it trackable also for personalities
- make a TAP subsheet, where to store TAP related stuff like AMS/engrams/upgrades/etc.

My two cents ^^

Doswelk
February 24th, 2016, 18:38
1) - Cannot recreate problem
2) - Hmm strange will need to fix.
3) - AP field did not exist when ruleset was created, but seeing as I'll have to fix the weapons I might add them
4) - Bug created by updated to FG cannot fix my self.
5) - FG limitation again not one I can change
6) - PDF did not have a third column, tell me what it shoud be and I'll add it
7) - again an update to FG has broken this, will have to work out how to fix.

As for updates I'm afraid there probably will not be any, the changes requested would require quite a lot of coding and I've lost my programmer for this ruleset, sorry, I will keep fixing errors to the best of my ability, but real life is getting more in the way these days.

That said anyone who wants to take it on is most welcome let me know....

Ixion77
February 24th, 2016, 19:06
Hi Doswelk. Thanks for your quick reply!

1) - Cannot recreate problem
Library->IZ Player Guide->Character Creation-> scroll to Step3: Traits ... new skills->click on one of the new skills, will open a new blank window

2) - Hmm strange will need to fix.
Check also the "Type" field

6) - PDF did not have a third column, tell me what it shoud be and I'll add it
GRADE / CREDITS / STRAIN
Gutterware / 3.000 / Double Strain
Streetware / 5.000 / Strain as listed
Hyperchrome / 25.000 / -1 Strain (min. 1)
Milware / 125.000 / 1/2 Strain

That said anyone who wants to take it on is most welcome let me know....
I'll try to ask some of my friends who have programming skills

Moon Wizard
February 26th, 2016, 23:03
Doswelk,

Send a note to phantomwhale and/or myself to see if we can make minor adjustments for you.

Regards,
JPG

lamegal
May 22nd, 2016, 03:38
Doswelk and Ikael, I have a question about the module in general. Some stats, particularly those governing hyper combat are missing, as well as the proper expertise in the module (not a real problem, but it will be really nice this way). In derived statistics, lack AMS and neural toughness. A tab for engrams 'll be nice too. And a final addendum, in the weapons list, the weapon WT long barrel have the incorrect "shots".
Furthermore, I don't know if is a glitch or something, but the search icon in the module is a little strained.
Sorry for resurrect the post and congrats for the awesome work.

temvaryen
June 3rd, 2016, 17:37
hello everyone,
thx for the job.
Cyberware like smartgun sytem are changing the wild die , but how its work in fantasy grounds?
when i equip this cyberware my wild die is still D6, did i miss something ?

Hendell
June 5th, 2016, 03:17
To change your wild die go in the character sheet and right click the wild card icon next to the space you type in your name, looks like a jester, and select the default wild die to the dice you need.

Mask_of_winter
June 5th, 2016, 06:08
Hold down ALT pick up the die you want your wild die to be for that skill, attribute, attack and drop it on the die icon on your sheet for the appropriate (skill, attribute, attack). This will make it your new Wild Die for it.

temvaryen
June 5th, 2016, 09:21
thank you for your answers, it saves my life!

Ikael
June 5th, 2016, 09:43
Hold down ALT pick up the die you want your wild die to be for that skill, attribute, attack and drop it on the die icon on your sheet for the appropriate (skill, attribute, attack). This will make it your new Wild Die for it.

You can setup different Wild Die to specific attack. The process is similar, how down ALT and drop any dice on attack icon

Alchemister
April 22nd, 2017, 17:59
Hi all, just wondering if there any updates on the Interface Zero requests for attention. Have just started running it and realise that points mentioned in previous posts still haven't been addressed. From what I can see so far, the only really problematic areas are for hackers and such who really do need the T-APPs info (AMS, Neural Toughness, Engrams, etc.) and the ability to use attack engrams vs neural defense to actually cause damage and so on. Small gripes in the face of such sterling work putting the module together, but for a cyberpunk themed game these ones are pretty important as they are major elements of the game, which are currently putting players off choosing these kinds of roles.

Wookiee420
April 22nd, 2017, 18:25
well, i learned something new

donpaulo
April 23rd, 2017, 02:48
well I am late to this thread, but but better to be here late than not at all right ?

Interface Zero 2.0 in the shopping cart right now

Ikael
April 23rd, 2017, 13:13
I am getting back to seat of Interface Zero developer so it will see further improvements and features on the way. The only challenge is that my todo and responsibility list is massive and currently I lack the time to do more than one project at the time, which currently is the ruleset itself.

There was someone working the changes "unofficially". I will need dig into the discussion I had with the developer and see if they would provide solution.

Alchemister
April 23rd, 2017, 16:26
Hi Ikael, it's enough to know that it's on the list and will get some attention when such can be accomodated. Meanwhile, for anyone in a similar situation, I've got the engrams running as though they were psionic powers, and just use psionics for cyber combat etc. Be interested to hear of any other viable work arounds. Delighted to know that you'll be bringing your legendary skills to the project at some point though, Ikael. That's enough to keep me satisfied in the interim!

goodmanje
April 24th, 2017, 07:16
Glad to hear Interface Zero is on the list to get updated. Such a great setting. I just which they would release the Solar System book I've heard about.... It would make an amazing "Expanse" style game. I don't have the imagination to come up with a detailed scifi setting myself.....

Trenloe
July 9th, 2018, 18:20
Some IZ errata/bugs mentioned here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?44469-Minor-Errata-Editing-Bug-Reports-for-Interface-Zero-2-0