PDA

View Full Version : Deadlands PC Token Sizing / Enhanced Images

tauriih
August 13th, 2015, 18:10
Hi all,

My group just revisited our Deadlands game after a long D&D hiatus and we were thrilled with the new automations. Kudos to the team on their great work! Two issues have cropped up, however, and I'd appreciate any insight.

First, I noticed that the PC tokens created by dragging from the character sheet or combat tracker to the map are about 20% larger than the 50x50 grid squares I set. They also seem to be unaffected by the "PC Token Size" setting, despite removal and replacement after changing the setting. I have resolved this by creating custom 50x50 tokens for each PC and dragging them onto the token slot in the combat tracker, but I'd rather resolve the issue directly if I can. Failing that, is there a way to replace the default character sheet token image with a custom token (as in the D&D 4th ruleset)?

Second, I mentioned earlier that we love the drag-and-drop targeting and blood effects for defeated NPCs. Unfortunately, these features don't seem to be currently compatible with the Enhanced Images (CoreRPG+) extension. I love the layers feature of Enhanced Images, as it allows me to create maps on the fly with a large token library without any overlap problems. Is this a known issue, and are there any workarounds?

Thanks for your help!

Mask_of_winter
August 13th, 2015, 19:50
There's an option to auto-size tokens to grid a 80 or 100 %.

The Enhanced Image extension isn't compatible with Savage Worlds unfortunately. This is something I wish was compatible since I enjoy putting maps together on the fly using tiles or adding furniture to a map at the last minute. Perhaps if enough of us put our voices together the devs will listen.

Trenloe
August 13th, 2015, 19:56
The layer functionality was in one of Ikael's Enhancement extensions at some point, but I believe it was removed.

I'm hesitant in making the layered images extension compatible with Savage Worlds as there's development in the area the extension impacts. I'd much rather leave something like that to an active Savage Worlds developer...

tauriih
August 13th, 2015, 20:06
Thanks for the responses! I leave the auto-scaling off, as plenty of my NPC tokens need to be larger than one square and it's less work to replace the PC tokens in the combat tracker. I'm glad to hear that there's some movement on the development front. Until then, I'll probably just whip up a few pre-gen maps. Heck, removing the token library will almost certainly reduce player loading times anyway.

Trenloe
August 13th, 2015, 20:26
I'm glad to hear that there's some movement on the development front.
I'm not sure there is - this needs a Savage Worlds dev to pick it.

Until then, I'll probably just whip up a few pre-gen maps. Heck, removing the token library will almost certainly reduce player loading times anyway.
If you don't share the module with the players ("allow" or "force load") then it won't effect player loading time. You (the GM) use the tokens in the library and the required tokens are shared when you share the image they're on.

Doswelk
August 14th, 2015, 19:57
I believe the current version realy breaks Savage Worlds , I also think Ikael was not going to convert it to work, as he thought it there were to many problems...

Ikael
August 14th, 2015, 23:35
I believe the current version realy breaks Savage Worlds , I also think Ikael was not going to convert it to work, as he thought it there were to many problems...

The Enhanced Images is very much doable in the new Savage Worlds ruleset, but personally I never found out useful (not using it myself) so I never bothered to make new ruleset compatible version. It only requires someone interested to do it and it's relatively not that much work after all.