PDA

View Full Version : Fate System RPG

ButtatakiBuddha
August 13th, 2015, 03:33
Hi everybody, and thank you for reading my post.

I am going to start a Role-Playing Game (NOT Roll-playing) using the Fate system. The setting will be decided by the players. That is my favorite part of the Fate system, we all build the world together. Now, this doesn't mean I'm going in blind and have nothing prepared. I have many things all ready set up, but how I bring them into the story is up to you guys.

Rules for fate system can be found at this website here: https://fate-srd.com/

I am on Skype regularly, and I am more than willing to work with anybody unfamiliar with the system, I can answer most questions. I will also be willing to run any out of character storylines outside of campaign if you want (not required by any means). Anybody who wants to play can put in as much RPing as they want.

Ok, now for the tough part. A mic is required to play. I like to do voices for my npc's, and it makes gameplay go by much faster than typing. The game time will be 8:00 pm- 11:00 pm EST (GMT-5). The day depends on when players are available, but it will be Monday- Thursday. It will be a weekly game.

Anybody interested in joining either post a comment here, PM me, or message me on skype (ButtatakiBuddha). And any other questions about something I forgot to put here, ask and I'll add it on here.

Have a Great Day!!!

balrik
August 13th, 2015, 15:13
I will be joining this game...look forward to it

0zach
August 13th, 2015, 21:13
ive barely been around fantasy grounds so if you dont mind that i'd love to join

ButtatakiBuddha
August 13th, 2015, 21:53
of course! you are more than welcome to join. And I'll answer any questions that come up about fg.

Ogre498
August 14th, 2015, 04:01
Hi There!

I've recently decided to go in search of a FATE game to replace what looks to be a soon-to-be-dead game I was in elsewhere. I know you said that setting will be decided by the characters, but I was wondering if you had anything at all in mind. A genre (fantasy? sci-fi?)? Or a (for lack of a better word) feel (e.g., gritty horror, pulp action)? Or is it completely wide open?

Thanks!

ButtatakiBuddha
August 14th, 2015, 04:10
Right now it is completely open. I want to hear what everybody wants, and I will try to bring it all in. Personally, I hope to bring every 'feel' into it at some point, as I believe the best games can do that. If it always has a gritty feel to it, then you begin to expect it. As far as setting goes, I personally prefer medieval fantasy, but i know some great things I could do with sci-fi, high fantasy, apocalyptic, etc...

balrik
August 16th, 2015, 20:30
bumps

AmusingDead
August 17th, 2015, 01:06
Im in as a follow up to our conversation on skype if we can get a time that works for me. as far as setting i prefer fantasy or fantasy steam punk over sci fi but i can be flexible. i know absolutly FA about the fate system but can see what i can learn.

u know how to get in touch so let me know when it looks like things are going to kick off

now i just need to figure out what my damn FG key was!!!!! i literally have no idea, lol

~Adead

Ogre498
August 19th, 2015, 01:59
So, it turns out my old game isn't dying. As such, I'm not available to join this one. Oh well. Have fun, folks!

ButtatakiBuddha
August 19th, 2015, 03:57
ok, not a problem. Glad to hear that, hope you have fun! If you decide you still want to join later let me know.

So, I have 2 players so far, with a preference for fantasy, anybody else interested? I would really like a couple more players.

ButtatakiBuddha
August 23rd, 2015, 05:31
Alright, I have enough players to get started. I still have some open spaces for anyone else interested. How does September sound for everybody? and Thursdays are a no go.

0zach
August 24th, 2015, 00:09
im able to except on the 12

AmusingDead
August 28th, 2015, 01:59
i can do september, Friday and saturday are a no go for me as well as likely monday. sundays are hit or miss.

well who am i kidding the reality is any day is sorta hit or miss, but the later the better and less likely i will be interrupted by work.

~Adead

ButtatakiBuddha
September 14th, 2015, 18:11
Game is starting on 7 October 2015. That is the Official start date, it will not change again. If you cannot make it that day, you are more than welcome to get together with me in advance, or after, or just hop in on the next session. Game will be every Wednesday. Start time is 8:00 PM EST (GMT-5). Any other questions, comments, complaints?