PDA

View Full Version : Mirroring Tokens Horizontally/Vertically Would Be Nice

Elric
January 8th, 2005, 13:10
It would be nice to be able to flip/mirror a token either horizontally or vertically - especially for battles. This way when a player/monster 'turns' to face an opponent, you wouldn't have to represent that with arrows or such.

Lizard Lips
January 9th, 2005, 15:58
This is a feature I'd like to see too.

Toadwart
August 7th, 2005, 21:50
You can rotate the token (pop-up option when you right-clicking on it). Though it would be nice to be able to 'mirror' as some tokens just look silly when they are rotated past 180degrees.

subbuglio
August 9th, 2005, 09:57
I also vote for this: there are some systems where facing is important (and even in d20 sometimes it is good to know where a player is facing) and using the flip would make things faster... I'd like to say though that a built in support for facing should be better, I think of it as another "pointer" of fixed distance with its origin in the center of the token, that can be rotated or flipped very quickly, without deleting it first. Rotating the token doesn't makes it awful to see... a solution could be making tokens in an isometric way so that it feels like using minis on a table, this may be a quick solution that would work without the necessity of built in facing and that would work very good just with token rotation and flip.

Toadwart
August 10th, 2005, 03:02
note: I'm just throwing this out-there and I realise it probably isn't feasible but... how about support for 3d tokens (i.e. real 3d models like the dice) that can be rotated in 3 dimensions.

richvalle
August 10th, 2005, 04:55
Wow. Aim big! :)

Cool idea but I think the biggest problem with that is no one makes such things right now... do they? With 2d tokens we can take any image and make it into a token.

Does sound cool though.

rv