PDA

View Full Version : Sharpshooter Feat

LordEntrails
August 13th, 2015, 03:11
Has anyone created a power or IFT statement for this? Since it has three functions, are they handled separately? i.e. how to handle each part?
1) long range attacks do not impose disadvantage.
2) Range attacks ignore 1/2 and 3/4 cover
3) Before an attack, choose; -5 attack for +10 damage

Suggestions?

kylania
August 13th, 2015, 03:37
1) Don't click disadvantage for long range attacks.
2) Don't click mods for cover.
3) Click -5 near the mod stack for attack. Scroll up to +10 on the mod stack for damage. (or setup a whole other weapon with those built in if you do it a lot)

https://i.imgur.com/t3A5Wdl.jpg

epithet
August 13th, 2015, 03:46
I think FG will automatically give you disadvantage for a long-range attack, so the way to deal with that might be to adjust the range of your weapon.

For the second one, just don't dial in the cover modifier.

The third one you can represent with an effect. The sharpshooter character can set it up as an ability, and add the effects ATK: -5 and DMG: 10 with a duration of 1 round and an expiration of 1 roll. You need 2 effects because if you set it up as one, applying each term once, then the DMG: 10 effect will still remain if the ATK: -5 attack misses (I think.) As far as I know, there is no way to write the DMG to expire if the ATK is a miss.

Edit: Actually, I think you can do it with one effect if you set the expenditure to "action." However, I think kylania suggests a much more elegant solution above, simply creating a duplicate weapon action with the hit penalty and damage bonus included.

Zacchaeus
August 13th, 2015, 12:20
I think FG will automatically give you disadvantage for a long-range attack, so the way to deal with that might be to adjust the range of your weapon.

No, it won't. Although on the map the player can 'see' the distance to a target FG doesn't use that value for anything other than a visual clue to the DM/player how far away they are from the target. There isn't a measurement factor when it comes to raged combat, so as kylania says above you would need to do that manually.

LordEntrails
August 13th, 2015, 22:40
Thanks, I think I'm going to set it up as kylania suggests.

damned
August 14th, 2015, 14:04
No, it won't. Although on the map the player can 'see' the distance to a target FG doesn't use that value for anything other than a visual clue to the DM/player how far away they are from the target. There isn't a measurement factor when it comes to raged combat, so as kylania says above you would need to do that manually.

ShadowRun does!

Zacchaeus
August 14th, 2015, 16:20
ShadowRun does!

Hmph! So why doesn't any of the other rulesets?

Nylanfs
August 14th, 2015, 17:06
Because ianmward is a perfectionist and has WAY too much time on his (or her) hands? :)