PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Beginner Box - Interest Check

notanumber
August 12th, 2015, 23:50
I'm looking to gauge interest in running the Pathfinder Beginner Box. This is my first attempt at GMing using Fantasy Grounds, so there might be some learning on my part, but I've been using the Fantasy Grounds to build the campaign and familarise myself with the software so it's not too bad.

The current plan is to run the first game whenever we have enough players, from 7:30pm-10:30pm PDT(-8GMT). I'm pretty flexible on dates, so any day of the week works for me, but let's say Tuesday's as a starting point.

Depending on how things go, I expect the game to take one or two sessions to complete. Afterwards, if things go well, I'd like to start an adventure path.

For the Beginner Box sessions, to keep things simple, I'd like people to use the pre-gens (I've created them already, so I can just assign them during the game). Once we've all go the hang of things, I'm open to people creating their own characters for future games.

maxgravity
August 13th, 2015, 01:27
I'd definitely be interested

jenovvson
August 13th, 2015, 11:06
I'm interested. I'm looking forward to starting pathfinder.

notanumber
August 14th, 2015, 20:27
I've created a calendar entry here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1577

notanumber
August 17th, 2015, 17:33
Hmm, seems like it might be a bit of a challenge finding players for this. Looks like most folks are more interested in D&D5e? Any suggestions from those that have expressed interest? I'd like to have 3 to 5 players. Although, we might be able to make it work with fewer.

Vhok
August 18th, 2015, 01:45
from what I've seen Thursday fri sat are very popular maby try a different day as most ppl have games these days already

notanumber
August 18th, 2015, 01:51
Good advice, Vhok, thanks!

I'm open to running this pretty much any evening. If Sun-Wed works better for every one, I have no issue with that.

If the dates are a problem, please feel free to suggest a day that works.

notanumber
August 18th, 2015, 05:56
Excellent. Looks like we've got two players so far. One more, at least, would be ideal. Does anyone have any dates that work better than others?

MTS
August 18th, 2015, 21:35
When did you decide to play? If our schedules coincide, I could handle a Pathfinder game... :)

I can play evenings on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, or Saturday. (-8GMT)

notanumber
August 18th, 2015, 21:39
Been trying to keep it going, but it looks like 5e may be stealing some of the Pathfinder thunder. I'd still really like to see it get started. So far, two players have signed up on the game calendar. I'm hoping to get at least one more, with a fourth being ideal.

Once we've got three, I think we're ready to play any time. If you're looking to get in on a game, or know someone who is, feel free to let me know. I'm ready to go pretty much any evening.

MTS
August 18th, 2015, 21:42
Once we've got three, I think we're ready to play any time. If you're looking to get in on a game, or know someone who is, feel free to let me know. I'm ready to go pretty much any evening.

Awesome. <grin>Let's start today! </grin>

notanumber
August 18th, 2015, 21:46
I'm ready if everyone else is!

Vhok
August 18th, 2015, 22:08
Don't worry pathfinder is actually the more popular of the two from what I have seen

MTS
August 18th, 2015, 22:23
I'm open tonight. Send out the details, and maybe you'll get a full group. :)

notanumber
August 18th, 2015, 23:32
Sure, why not. Let's give it a shot. My server alias will be 'idle quill dashing zone', or the ip is 24.68.136.60. I've also gone ahead and created a Teamspeak channel using the Fantasy Grounds Teamspeak server (details here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server)

Let's aim for 7:30pm PDT(-8GMT). I'll send out a note to the other people that signed up on the game calendar.

notanumber
August 19th, 2015, 19:46
Had a great time playing last night, connection setup issues aside. I'm glad we got together. Learned a lot about GMing using Fantasy Grounds as well as a few good tips for being a player. Looking forward to doing it again very soon.

Trueshaft
August 19th, 2015, 19:48
If you have any openings in the future I would be interested in joining. I'm brand new to FG. but am experienced with Pathfinder.

notanumber
August 19th, 2015, 19:53
Should still be openings. We have four signed up in the game calendar, https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1577. I imagine that due to scheduling and real life commitments, not every one will be able to play in every session so I don't see any reason we can't have more. Even if every one shows up, I can always scale up encounters as needed.

MTS
August 20th, 2015, 04:27
Hey, maybe you could get a schedule listed in the Calendar so we know when to keep our personal schedules open.

notanumber
August 20th, 2015, 15:46
I'll say Tuesday's, for now. Might need to skip next week though, just so I have enough time to get a campaign imported into FG. It's going to take a bit of time to get a session setup and and ready to play.

Kegris
October 31st, 2015, 04:29
Hey guys. Y'all still doing this? Brand new to Fantasy Grounds, and a beginner with Pathfinder. Wondering if I could get in on this, as long as you all don't mind someone learning everything.

notanumber
October 31st, 2015, 06:18
Hey guys. Y'all still doing this? Brand new to Fantasy Grounds, and a beginner with Pathfinder. Wondering if I could get in on this, as long as you all don't mind someone learning everything.

Yes, it is! We're actually in need of a fourth right now, too. Perfect timing. We play Wednesday evenings from 7:30pm to about 10:30pm pacific time. You interested? We're pretty easy going and I think everyone would be happy to bring you up to speed on the campaign and Fantasy Grounds. Let me know and I'll send you more info.

Kegris
October 31st, 2015, 20:43
I'm definitely interested. The only experience with Pathfinder, or tabletop RPG's in general, is playing with my wife and brother.

Blainee
October 31st, 2015, 21:12
I'd love to join if possible! Made a post here if you'd like to know a little about me.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26631-LFG-1(2)-Player-LF-any-night-any-time-Newcomer!&p=237073#post237073

notanumber
October 31st, 2015, 23:16
Hey Blainee and Kegris. I sent the two of you invites to join the campaign. Right now, we have a Magus, Fighter & Oracle. Feel free to create a level 4 character that interests you. The next game is scheduled for this Wednesday at 7:30pm Pacific time.

If you could let me know a little bit about your character before the next game, it'd be great. We'll fill you in on the details before we start. Hope to see you there!

Blainee
October 31st, 2015, 23:29
Would you be able to talk to me about the character creation at some point?

Kegris
November 1st, 2015, 01:56
Yeah, I'd kinda like to chat about it as well. Working on a rogue, but might end up with something different.