PDA

View Full Version : A Little Laughter Goes A Long, Long Way

dulux-oz
August 12th, 2015, 10:43
Hi Everybody,

For once this isn't a "Have a look at my Tutorial Videos", "Have a look at my wonderful Extension" or "Please help with with a God-damned awful Coding Problem" post - it is, instead, a "Hey, let's all share some fun / have a laugh" post. :p

We all know that as RPG GM's and Players we're all pretty creative, so I thought it might be nice to see if we can get some of the old creative juices flowing along some light-hearted comedy style lines and come up with some RPG-related poems, jokes, funny stories... whatever.

A few ground rules: let's keep it clean, let's keep it (somewhat) RPG-focussed, and let's keep it fun!

To kick the ball off here's a short poem I wrote for my Players for Christmas 2012 (not quite the right time of year yet, I know, but still...):

T'was the night before Christmas
And all through the house
Not a creature was stirring
Not even a mouse

We were all snug
In our beds with great care
In the hope that the Zombies
Would not know we were there

We had huddled in fear
For the past three long nights
The Apocalypse had come
The Mayan's were right!

So now we did hope
For some laughter and fun
That St. Nick would bring us
A nice new shotgun

Twenty cases of shells
Some hand-grenades too
A sword and cross-bow
To just name a few

So if Santa is nice
And brings you such toys
Go hunting the Zombies
Like good girls and boys

And as you dispatch
Each Zombie with cheer
Shout:

Merry Christmas to all
And to all a good year!

Cheers

Zacchaeus
August 12th, 2015, 13:03
Jolly good. This is way out of my league :)

dulux-oz
August 12th, 2015, 13:12
Rubbish! Give it a shot! :)

kylania
August 12th, 2015, 14:46
What I love most about the internet is that there's a picture available for every conceivable concept. Such as celebrating Christmas in August (https://breezywritesthings.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/11.png). :)

damned
August 12th, 2015, 15:27
Rubbish! Give it a shot! :)

with a 12 gauge shotgun. But take out the head. Always take out the head.

Phystus
August 19th, 2015, 00:14
I'll step up and take a swing.

This was a letter that the party found on the commander's desk in an enemy fortress. Sometimes the bad guys have it rough too!

Cheers!
~P

Expeditionary Stronghold 7

23rd day of Greening, 1228

To: Supply Officer, Clan of the Black Spear

Subject: Toilet Paper

Reference:

(a) SO COTBS Canceled invoice No. 272836

Enclosures:

(1) Copy of cancelled Invoice

(2) Sample of material requested.

1. This fortress submitted a requisition for 150 rolls of toilet paper on 5th day of Brightsun, 1227, to Supply Offficer, Clan of the Black Spear.

2. The Supply Officer, Clan of the Black Spear, on 26th day of Darkening, 1227, cancelled Invoice No. 272836 with the stamped notation "Cancelled---cannot identify." This cancelled invoice was received by Expeditionary Stronghold 7 on 10th day of Greening, 1228.

3. During the 11 ¾ months elapsing from the time of ordering the toilet paper and the present date, the Expeditionary Stronghold 7 personnel, despite their best efforts to await delivery of subject material, have been unable to wait on numerous occasions, and the situation is now quite acute.

4. Enclosure (2) is a sample of the desired material provided for the information of the Supply Officer, Clan of the Black Spear. The Commanding Officer, Expeditionary Stronghold 7 cannot help but wonder what is being used in Darkfast in place of this unidentifiable material, once well known to this command.

5. It is believed by this command that the stamped notation "cannot identify" was possible error, and that this is simply a case of shortage of strategic war material, Expeditionary Stronghold 7 probably being low on the priority list.

6. In order to cooperate in our war effort at a small local sacrifice, Expeditionary Stronghold 7 desires no further action be taken until the end of the current war, which has created a situation aptly described as "war is hell."

Narg

Niles
August 19th, 2015, 03:37
There was a book published a few years back called Fantasy Freaks and Gaming Geeks by Ethan Gilsdorf. He was an older gamer who played D&D back in the day when he was young, walked away from it and came back to it years later. There was a contest on a website to win his book if you came up with a clever poem or limerick. I won one of his books and he even signed it. Here's my poem.

This is the story of Ethan Gilsdorf
Into a Gaming Geek he did morph
Away he did stray
But came back to stay
Wrote a book and published it forth

So all Geeks rejoice
We now have a voice
Be they an elf or a man or a dwarf
The Fantasy Freaks shall inherit the earth
So revel now in unbridled mirth
For the story of Ethan Gilsdorf

His story inspired me to write the blogs on this website called Confessions of a 50 year old Dungeons and Dragons Player.

damned
November 2nd, 2015, 05:44
My 8yo son had to do a Limmerick for homework... this is what we ended up with...

our brave hero went to kill a troll
our hero found him reading a scroll
please dont bother me
im really quite busy
oh-oh the troll swallowed him whole!