PDA

View Full Version : how do you apply the effects of faerie fire

Awhole
August 11th, 2015, 22:30
noobie question i cant find it anywhere on how to apply the effects of faerie fire once it is cast. Please help

kylania
August 11th, 2015, 23:13
GRANTADVATK

Hmm, supposed to be caps.

LordEntrails
August 13th, 2015, 23:27
Add the optional Effects module. Then you can apply the faerie fire effect to the correct target and you are good to go.

Trenloe
August 14th, 2015, 04:39
Add the optional Effects module. Then you can apply the faerie fire effect to the correct target and you are good to go.
You don't need the optional extension. As the GRANTADVATK is for all attacks against it (not just specific attackers) the player can apply this effect to the target using the normal effects application system without the need for an extension.

MTS
August 24th, 2015, 04:52
Wait... okay so where/how do you apply GRANTADVATK? Is that on the effects screen?

kylania
August 24th, 2015, 05:08
Effects on the Combat Tracker for the NPC in question.

https://i.imgur.com/ydqCayD.png

Zacchaeus
August 24th, 2015, 08:43
MTS: Here's how
1: Make sure the spell has been dragged onto the player's action Tab.
2. Right click on the spell and select 'Add Action' from the radial menu.
3. From the new menu select 'Add effect'
4. In the Description/Conditions/Modifiers box type in Faerie Fire; GRANTADVATK:
5. In the Duration box type in 1 and click on the RND button until it shows MIN
6. Now close the dialog and you are done.

In order to use the spell, select all of the targets that you wish to cover in Faerie Fire then click on the 'Cast' button. This will force the creatures to make their saving throw. Then click on the effect button and the effect will apply to every enemy selected that failed it's saving throw. Any attacks against those enemies will now have advantage for the duration of the spell.

MTS
August 24th, 2015, 14:00
MTS: Here's how
1: Make sure the spell has been dragged onto the player's action Tab.
2. Right click on the spell and select 'Add Action' from the radial menu.
3. From the new menu select 'Add effect'
4. In the Description/Conditions/Modifiers box type in Faerie Fire; GRANTADVATK:
5. In the Duration box type in 1 and click on the RND button until it shows MIN
6. Now close the dialog and you are done.

In order to use the spell, select all of the targets that you wish to cover in Faerie Fire then click on the 'Cast' button. This will force the creatures to make their saving throw. Then click on the effect button and the effect will apply to every enemy selected that failed it's saving throw. Any attacks against those enemies will now have advantage for the duration of the spell.

That is brilliant. Thank you! Its awesome how FG supports the little details like this.

MTS
August 25th, 2015, 04:51
It worked! Thank you again.

colincbn
August 20th, 2017, 09:58
I had this problem and the info above fixed it. (Thanks for that!)
But I have to wonder why a spell that is this common (literally all Drow have it for example) does not include the effect to begin with?

Zacchaeus
August 20th, 2017, 11:31
I had this problem and the info above fixed it. (Thanks for that!)
But I have to wonder why a spell that is this common (literally all Drow have it for example) does not include the effect to begin with?

Hi, colincbn, welcome to the community.

Since the original post most spells that could have an effect were updated to include that effect. I also note that this is a concentration spell and that isn't getting piked up either. I suspect a small bug so I'll add it to the list to see if it can get fixed.

colincbn
August 20th, 2017, 12:35
Wow sweet! You guys are off the hook good about support.
I got the Ultimate and full D&D 5e bundle and could not be happier with the purchase. Yeah some people say it is expensive, but so far I say it is worth every penny.

Side note:
Since you mentioned concentration it got me wondering how that is handled in FG. Is there a way for me to automate concentration checks for faerie fire? Or for other concentration spells? Might be a noob question but I am only into day 3 of FG.

Zacchaeus
August 20th, 2017, 16:05
Side note:
Since you mentioned concentration it got me wondering how that is handled in FG. Is there a way for me to automate concentration checks for faerie fire? Or for other concentration spells? Might be a noob question but I am only into day 3 of FG.

Right now no, but see here for the patch notes for the next update (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?39182-Test-Release-v3-3-2) where automatic saving throws for concentrating on a spell has been added.

colincbn
August 20th, 2017, 16:26
Wow, just wow. You guys rock so hard.