PDA

View Full Version : N00b Time!

BrevUnleashed
August 11th, 2015, 21:42
Hello everyone!

I'm looking to purchase Fantasy Grounds for my home D&D 5e Skype game, but I have a question that needs to be answered and I'm hoping someone here can help.

If I'm using a Mac while my players are all using PCs and I purchase the ultimate product to run the games can my PC using players play on their PCs?

Thank you!

Trenloe
August 11th, 2015, 21:47
Absolutely. Cross platform computers can all play together.

Nylanfs
August 11th, 2015, 22:25
Note, buy the Mac packages through the website store and not steam there's issues with installing Mac DLC through the Steam client.

Trenloe
August 11th, 2015, 22:30
But you're fine buying the base FG license through Steam. Just the add-on Steam DLC won't download on a Mac, so that has to be purchased from the FG website store.

BrevUnleashed
August 11th, 2015, 23:01
Awesome!!!

I will be downloading the demo tonight to try it out.

Thank you!!!!

dulux-oz
August 12th, 2015, 02:21
I'll just chime in with this (yes, a Shameless(TM) Self-Plug :) )

If you haven't done so already might I suggest that you take some time to have a look at some of the Tutorial Videos available from the FG Wiki - damns' are good, as are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig, below).

Start with the ones on the CoreRPG, because the CoreRPG forms the foundation for how all of the RPGs we play with FG work; by learning how to use FG with the CoreRPG you'll learn about 80% of what you need to know to play any RPG with FG.

And keep asking question - we're a pretty friendly lot here sp don't be afraid of being a N00b: we were all N00bs at the start :p

Oh, and Welcome! to the community.

Cheers

Mask_of_winter
August 12th, 2015, 02:25
I'll just chime in with this (yes, a Shameless(TM) Self-Plug :) )

If you haven't done so already might I suggest that you take some time to have a look at some of the Tutorial Videos available from the FG Wiki - damns' are good, as are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig, below).

Start with the ones on the CoreRPG, because the CoreRPG forms the foundation for how all of the RPGs we play with FG work; by learning how to use FG with the CoreRPG you'll learn about 80% of what you need to know to play any RPG with FG.

And keep asking question - we're a pretty friendly lot here sp don't be afraid of being a N00b: we were all N00bs at the start :p

Oh, and Welcome! to the community.

Cheers

I'm starting to think you're a bot... or perhaps it's a feeling of deja vu hehe

dulux-oz
August 12th, 2015, 02:49
I'm starting to think you're a bot... or perhaps it's a feeling of deja vu hehe

Could a bot produce the excellent Locations, Weather and other Extensions (I know, another Shameless(TM) Plug)?

Could a bot rejoin with such witty banter?

Could a bot be just such an excellent, all-round nice guy (& don't forget modest, too)?

I think not!

Now I've got to go: it's time for my oil change. :p

Nylanfs
August 12th, 2015, 03:27
Hmmm AI that exists only in the internet?

dulux-oz
August 12th, 2015, 04:05
Hmmm AI that exists only in the internet?

Yes, and my name is Deus!

(Now that's one for the Shadowrun fans)

damned
August 12th, 2015, 14:30
ShadowRun oneshot this Saturday night mr Black. Needs another player. Could you be my huckleberry?

dulux-oz
August 12th, 2015, 14:38
Luv too, but I can't - I've got too much on at the moment (trying to get three Extensions out, two Rulesets, another Video, look for a job, and get my awesome "Maze" Adventure done for FGCon, and generally deal with life).

Besides, as far as I'm concerned, the 6th World ended in 2064 with the Matrix Crash 2.0 - everything after that just wasn't SR (in the same way that Star Trek (2009) isn't Star Trek) :p