PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question on Traps and Damage

chrisiav
August 10th, 2015, 00:05
I'm probably overlooking something very simple but how do you handle traps? More specifically, dealing out damage for failures to disarm a trap. I know the DM can just roll a die and manually take the damage off the PC but is there a way to just have the damage subtract automatically like when a creature hits from the combat tracker.

Mask_of_winter
August 10th, 2015, 00:10
Can't you create an NPC and name it "Trap"? Create an attack and damage field, etc.? Would that work for you?

Trenloe
August 10th, 2015, 00:47
Which ruleset are we talking about here?

Please post ruleset specific questions in the relevant ruleset forum, not in The Tavern general forum please.

Thanks.

Nickademus
August 10th, 2015, 01:46
Make it a creature. At the bottom of the sheet should be a radio button that switches the creature to between an NPC and trap (and haunt for PF). Rulesets may vary, but you should be able to piece together how to build the trap as something with automated actions. You don't necessarily need to put it in the combat tracker, but you can.

Trenloe
August 10th, 2015, 01:50
If you're using the Pathfinder ruleset the last section (pages 7+) of this guide might help: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/images/b/b7/Adventure-a-Week_Module_Creation_Guide.pdf

chrisiav
August 10th, 2015, 01:56
It's 5e. I posted the same question now in the 5e forum.