PDA

View Full Version : Cannot import character sheets

Jasondandr
August 6th, 2015, 21:12
Howdy all.

I've run across this new problem and I have yet to find a fix for it. I've been using FG for months now and have never had any problem importing dnd4e files into my campaigns. All of the sudden I get the error "Cannot convert XXXX: The given key was not present in the dictionary."

The only change that I made recently is to import items from DDI into the table. Could that be the reason for the new error? Maybe the newest update?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Griogre
August 6th, 2015, 21:21
What exactly are you doing? Importing 4E into Pathfinder?

Trenloe
August 6th, 2015, 21:22
What options are you selection for output?

Could you attached the DDI file so we can try? You'll need to ZIP it before attaching.

Jasondandr
August 6th, 2015, 21:23
No, it's a 4e campaign. All I'm doing is taking the character files from DDI and importing them into a 4e campaign. Nothing crazy. It's worked all this time and then just stopped.

Jasondandr
August 6th, 2015, 21:27
What options are you selection for output?

Could you attached the DDI file so we can try? You'll need to ZIP it before attaching.

Here's one of the files I was trying.

kylania
August 6th, 2015, 21:35
Worked for me if I exported to XML first then imported from XML into the Campaign. Didn't work, even though it said it did, importing from the conversion tool to the campaign.

Jasondandr
August 6th, 2015, 21:39
Alright. I've never had to export to XML in order to get it to work before. I'll give that a try.

Jasondandr
August 6th, 2015, 21:40
Worked for me if I exported to XML first then imported from XML into the Campaign. Didn't work, even though it said it did, importing from the conversion tool to the campaign.

Gives me the same error even with XML.

kylania
August 6th, 2015, 21:46
In your first screenshot you had a reference to a Pathfinder mod, have you double checked the ruleset in use? (PF is 3.5 right?)

Trenloe
August 6th, 2015, 21:51
Remove the check mark from the "Use modules from the module manager to lookup data". This should remove the error.

Jasondandr
August 6th, 2015, 21:54
In your first screenshot you had a reference to a Pathfinder mod, have you double checked the ruleset in use? (PF is 3.5 right?)

I'm honestly not sure why it lists anything from 3.5. I've only ever used 4e. I will attach the exact error message in full.

"Conversion Start
Version: 3.0.6.A
Game System: 4E
Ruleset: 4E
Source Format: D&D Insider (.dnd4e)
.Path: C:\Users\Jason\Desktop\Khoury Forestkeeper Lv12.dnd4e
Output to Xml: false
Import to Local Character List: false
Import to Campaign: true
Group 3.Path: C:\Users\Jason\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\campaigns\Group 3\db.xml
Replace existing character: false
Using module manager: true
.Module: 3.5E-basicrules.mod
.Module: 3.5E-magicitems.mod
.Module: 3.5E-spells.mod
.Module: PF-SRD-Basic-Rules.mod
.Module: PF-SRD-Spells.mod
Using local xslt: false
Add class features as powers: false
Add feats as powers: false
Add item properties as powers: false
----Conversion Results----
Could not convert Khouri ForestKeeper: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
--------------------------------------------------------------"

I'm using version 3.1.2 of the table and version 3.0.6 A of the converter. I suppose I should update that.

Trenloe
August 6th, 2015, 21:55
See post #10 above - that should fix it.

Jasondandr
August 6th, 2015, 21:57
Remove the check mark from the "Use modules from the module manager to lookup data". This should remove the error.

That did it! This was driving me nuts. thanks very much for all of your help everyone. Still not sure why it's including checks for 3.5 data but at least it's working.

Trenloe
August 6th, 2015, 22:23
Still not sure why it's including checks for 3.5 data but at least it's working.
If you have that checked it will use the modules in the module manager. Click the "Manage Modules" menu at the top of the app - you'll see a bunch of 3.5e and PF modules.