PDA

View Full Version : Separate Token Packs Per Campaign

Elric
January 6th, 2005, 12:18
Something I'd like to have is the ability to have different tokens available for each different adventure. I'm developing a set of MINIs that I was working on for OpenRPG and they work fine if you throw them in the regular tokens folder - but - they are a bit larger than the regular tokens so the box is totally hard to see everything.

I'd like to have a tokens folder under each one of my campaigns so that I can throw tokens in for that individual campaign.

Does that make sense? :D

Goblin-King
January 6th, 2005, 12:48
Yes, makes sense... In fact, create a folder called "tokens" under your campaign folder, put them in there and you're set. Worth noting is that the tokens in this folder are for the GM only and won't be visible in the players' token boxes.

Elric
January 6th, 2005, 12:53
But they'll be visible to the players when I drag them onto maps and such? :D

Goblin-King
January 6th, 2005, 14:48
Yes. The only difference between GM only tokens (campaign specific and those in the tokens\host folder) is that players can't see them in their token boxes or add them to sheets. After you put them down, they work like all the other tokens on the sheet.

Elric
January 8th, 2005, 13:11
Fantastic! Works like a charm! :)

Elric
January 8th, 2005, 13:13
Oops - something I forgot to ask. Can players do the same thing? Can they have personal character tokens that THEY can place on the board that I don't have to have loaded in MY token box? This way each player can have their own token and I don't have to have any more of my memory swallowed up by storing them locally.

Goblin-King
January 8th, 2005, 13:51
The players can't do this at the moment. I'll see if we can provide something like this at some point in the future.

Grimbot
February 10th, 2005, 22:18
I'm new here, and I'm mostly just poking around checking things out. I'm also piping up when I hear something that sounds like a good idea, and I'm thinking it'd be fun for players to have control of their own miniature tokens.