PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew 5E Campaign / Friday 9:00 PM CST / Beginner Friendly

Reosoul
August 5th, 2015, 06:11
We are currently open to take another player. We're not in much of a rush, as we're still at five players + DM, but anyone applying must have previous Fantasy Grounds and D&D 5E experience. Reply here or message me directly for more information and how to get started joining us. Thank you!

A New World (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1564)

GM License: Ultimate, welcoming all.
Game System: 5th edition D&D, use core class pack and MM.

Time Zone: Central, USA
Day of week and time: Fridays at 8:00 PM CST
If new game, planned start date: August 7th, 2015
Planned Frequency: Weekly, 5 hour sessions(8:00 PM - 1:00 am CST)
Term: Indefinite(but as of this update, the campaign has been going for roughly 6 months.)

Text or Voice: Voice chat mostly, some text is okay, but I expect everyone to have a Mic who joins the game.
Voice software used: A Private mumble server(information will be given upon joining).

The game won't have a defined mix of Combat/Intrigue, but it will try to be as balanced as the Campaign circumstances permit.

Things to know about this game: It is 5E, with a few houserules that are made available(no serious changes), and is set in a homebrew world that has a long-running timeline beyond the scope of this single campaign.

Character death is no small matter, and resurrection isn't always going to work. Tread carefully.

Your character is expected to be good or neutral, outright thieving, attacking, casting on other party members or general harassment(but that's what my character would do!) will not be tolerated and will get you banned from the table.

I take this campaign seriously, and I expect any players at my table to do the same. Bring 110% to the game, every time. If you can't, or are sick, have to drop, just make sure to let me know at least 24 hours before game time. I'll do the same in return, it's just good for everyone's schedule.

Drop a reply here, or PM me, if you have any questions. Would like to start as soon as the group is at 4 players + DM (And can maybe gather more party members from the additional colonists, as needed.)

pxbest
August 5th, 2015, 14:37
I'd definitely down. In CST as well. I prefer to play a supportive role. Generally healer/tank types but I wouldn't mind changing things up if the roles are already filled. I have the regular license but none of the books yet. So Just let me know if I need to buy anything for my class or something. Hit me up!

Squeamy
August 5th, 2015, 15:32
This sounds like what I'm looking for. I've applied to the calendar.

PhorgottenSon
August 5th, 2015, 18:35
Agree, this sounds fantastic. Building a kingdom from a colony and a time and day I can work with, great. I signed up. I have experience playing 5E in FG and can help a bit with learning the basics.

MerlinAmbrose
August 6th, 2015, 00:23
Sounds lovely.

I'd love to get involved in a nice stable long term story-arc type campaign. I will drop a PM and look up the calendar page.

I usually play casters (arcane and divine) and rogues. Not so much frontline toe-to-toe types. I can fill in whatever is missing...but if possible would love to play a wizard. Hope you still have openings.

--Merlin

Reosoul
August 6th, 2015, 05:28
This sounds like what I'm looking for. I've applied to the calendar.

Awesome!

Agree, this sounds fantastic. Building a kingdom from a colony and a time and day I can work with, great. I signed up. I have experience playing 5E in FG and can help a bit with learning the basics.

Fantastic, exactly what I need. I've been watching a lot of vids and just monkeying around with it, but I guarantee I'll run into a snag or two.

Sounds lovely.

I'd love to get involved in a nice stable long term story-arc type campaign. I will drop a PM and look up the calendar page.

I usually play casters (arcane and divine) and rogues. Not so much frontline toe-to-toe types. I can fill in whatever is missing...but if possible would love to play a wizard. Hope you still have openings.

--Merlin

Think we have one Rogue and one Wizard already applied to the calender, but I'm fine with having double of a class under the condition they're not stepping on each others toes. Every PC needs to have their own niche they fill(in my opinion).

I'd definitely down. In CST as well. I prefer to play a supportive role. Generally healer/tank types but I wouldn't mind changing things up if the roles are already filled. I have the regular license but none of the books yet. So Just let me know if I need to buy anything for my class or something. Hit me up!

Glad to hear. And also, I've got the core class pack installed so char sheets and pulling stuff for your class shouldn't be a worry. =)

Got four signed up on the Calender so far, so we'll definitely be having a session 0 this Friday. Make sure to check back in about 24 hours and I'll have game info(server IP, etc) up for you guys. Thanks!

Squeamy
August 6th, 2015, 05:33
Excellent - looking forward to it!

Beowulfe
August 6th, 2015, 13:04
If you have room for one more, I would love to join. I cannot do this Friday but am available after that.

pxbest
August 6th, 2015, 13:16
How will we be handling points? Roll or point buy system?

Reosoul
August 6th, 2015, 15:17
How will we be handling points? Roll or point buy system?

Point Buy or Array is fine. Not rolling for stats.

Reosoul
August 6th, 2015, 22:09
Server Address alias / password is up.

pxbest
August 6th, 2015, 22:14
Rgr.

ArteF
August 7th, 2015, 01:47
I'm interested.

MerlinAmbrose
August 7th, 2015, 07:49
Think we have one Rogue and one Wizard already applied to the calender, but I'm fine with having double of a class under the condition they're not stepping on each others toes. Every PC needs to have their own niche they fill(in my opinion).

OK, then. I'd be happy to do the Cleric, then.

Overdog
August 7th, 2015, 19:50
Are you still looking for another?

Nylanfs
August 8th, 2015, 00:17
Reosoul, you REALLY need to edit the ruleset info for your game. It makes the whole calendar WAY too wide.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?sort=name&sortdir=ascending&ruleset=D%26D+5E.+DMing+my+first+online+game+of+Fa ntasy+Grounds%2C+but+not+my+first+time+DMing.+This +will+be+a+homebrew+campaign+using+most+of+D%26D+5 th+edition+resources+but+ditching+most+of+the+Forg otten+Realms+lore%28Sorry+if+that%27s+your+thing%2 9.&sort=name&sortdir=ascending

Reosoul
August 8th, 2015, 01:50
Reosoul, you REALLY need to edit the ruleset info for your game. It makes the whole calendar WAY too wide.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?sort=name&sortdir=ascending&ruleset=D%26D+5E.+DMing+my+first+online+game+of+Fa ntasy+Grounds%2C+but+not+my+first+time+DMing.+This +will+be+a+homebrew+campaign+using+most+of+D%26D+5 th+edition+resources+but+ditching+most+of+the+Forg otten+Realms+lore%28Sorry+if+that%27s+your+thing%2 9.&sort=name&sortdir=ascending

Done. Thank you for letting me know. =)

Nylanfs
August 8th, 2015, 02:55

On your next game if you want to indicate that it's really custom I'd put 5e Homebrew or Custom. :)

pxbest
August 11th, 2015, 16:05
Can it be Friday yet?

Reosoul
August 11th, 2015, 18:24
Can it be Friday yet?

Soon! It shall be!

pxbest
August 12th, 2015, 22:03
Message for Dammar-Justin. Please contact Reosoul asap to fix Calendar. Hopefully we see you Friday night!

pxbest
August 21st, 2015, 13:02
It's Game day!

Drafter
August 21st, 2015, 15:20
I have a bad ol' feeling we're going to need our Warrior soon! ;-)

Laggin70
August 22nd, 2015, 03:02
Kreth Johnson's great axe is available. Let Me know.

Wolph
August 22nd, 2015, 03:10
I am new at this but this sounds exactly what i have been looking for. If you still need anyone one i would love to join in.

Reosoul
August 23rd, 2015, 06:02
The table is full for the time being, but if we have anyone drop or decide to take on more, I'll PM people on a first-come, first-serve basis. =)

Reosoul
August 30th, 2015, 05:26
After some talking with the group, we're looking for one more player!

Please check the Calender to see the current group composition. We're currently looking for either a Wizard(to cover the missing 'Arcana' knowledge in the party) or another front-liner(such as barbarian, paladin, or fighter). Pm me if you're interested at this time, and we'll setup a time for us to talk and try to intergrate you into the campaign smoothly.

JonRM
September 17th, 2015, 08:11
Hi, I am new to FG and am looking to get into a group/game that is in it for the long haul. I have lots of experience with AD&D and 3.5E, and virtually none with 4E, 5E; but am more than willing to learn. I prefer Fighter, but can easily play as a Wizard/Sorc to round out any party. If your interested in me joining your game, please pm me. Thanks!

Reosoul
December 12th, 2015, 17:48
Bump.

Looking for one more player, specifically a Wizard or Support-style character. Current party consists of:

Valor Bard(4)/Paladin(2)
Warrior(5)/Barbarian(1)
Life Cleric(6)
Rogue(6)
Wolf Barbarian(6)

Front line is beyond solid at this point but support casting is lacking. However, only request is that whatever joins be one of the classes not listed, to diversify the party and allow any new player to have their own niche that they serve within the party.

Joining will be based upon a trial period. This group has been going for a few months and has a good chemistry, so the DM is going to be picky. Reply here or PM me, Reosoul, if you wish to sign up. Thank you.

Bearspearson
December 13th, 2015, 18:33
Just putting this message here as well.

I would love to join this adventure that you guys are having.

I am new to Fantasy ground and sorta new to D&D overall. But I know the basics how it works and how to make a character but need to make sure everything is right or not.
I am not new to RPing in general and I'll gladly get into character. Of course I also have a mic to talk through and share Skype if needed.
I'll take the wizard role gladly because that's always been a role I've been wanting to try.
Already have an idea what the character should be like and how he acts but just need some finishing touches on it.

Thank you for reading and have a lovely day/night and session!

Reosoul
December 13th, 2015, 19:20
To anyone else who is also applying to join the campaign, please make sure to join up on the Calendar as well!

Diomitus
December 14th, 2015, 02:36
Hey there,
I'm looking to apply as well.
I'm willing to be any class to fill any gaps you guys need.
How can I apply?

Reosoul
December 15th, 2015, 08:42
The Calendar linked in the main post. ಠ_ಠ

mithc
December 17th, 2015, 21:30
Hello,
I'm interested in joining your campaign. I am perfectly comfortable with house rules/custom rules and I am willing to fill the support caster role in the party. I have already applied on the calendar and I can come up with a backstory or anything else needed for the character if you need any more information. I have several hundred DnD sessions under my belt from 3.5 - 5e and I am comfortable with both role playing and combat.

Broba Fett
December 24th, 2015, 14:22
Would you accept someone who is brand new?

Reosoul
December 24th, 2015, 18:49
Hello Mithc, Broba, and to any others looking to join, I'm going to take a couple weeks to see which players are going to make it through the Holiday madness and will begin accepting players again(if necessary) once I know. Thanks!

Broba Fett
December 24th, 2015, 22:55
Sounds good friendo, enjoy the holidays!

Skillkoil
December 28th, 2015, 04:43
I would love to play. I am available any time and I am absolutely in love with role playing. I would love to join your band of intrepid heroes!

Rimne
January 7th, 2016, 22:04
Nvm,
have fun :)