PDA

View Full Version : Map not loading for players

khersheyjr
August 5th, 2015, 02:57
I have seen an issue that seems to creep up every once in a while. It generally starts off with one or more players who cannot seem to ever load a map that is shared out and then progressively gets worse until all the players lose the ability to view the map and tokens on the map. I have experienced this and now I have seen the issue happen to 3 other DMs. The first 3 times it happened I along with 2 other DMs were running the 5e ruleset. Tonight I saw this happen again to another DM but he was using the 4e ruleset. I have been able to fix the problem by running the patcher with the DLC box unchecked. After doing that and starting the server again the issue is resolved.

Trenloe
August 5th, 2015, 03:04
Are you, and perhaps the other GMs, allowing or force-loading the adventure module from the "Module Activation" screen? See "Module Availability" here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library#Module_Availability

If you are, then block the module and get the players to clear their cache. The GM should not allow player access to adventure modules, FG loads all of the info into memory which usually causes an overload and strange behavior, maybe culminating in access violations or crashes. GMs should block access and share content on an individual basis (right-click -> share).

Allowing access to class pack modules is fine.

khersheyjr
August 5th, 2015, 03:11
In my instance I only force load the PHB.

Skellan
August 5th, 2015, 03:26
I had this issue and had to reinstall everything. I am not sure what caused it. It actually prevented both the coc and pf rulesets from opening up. It happened about 3 weeks ago and I can't remember what modules I was sharing.

Skellan
August 5th, 2015, 03:27
Its been OK since though.

Trenloe
August 5th, 2015, 03:48
What versions of 5E and CoreRPG does the chat window report? They should both be 3.1.2:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/5E/5E%203.1.2%20chat.jpg

Some people have reported either 5E or CoreRPG not updating correctly to 3.1.2.

Trenloe
August 5th, 2015, 03:48
Next check - are any extensions loaded?

khersheyjr
August 5th, 2015, 03:54
I didn't pay attention to what the chat window stated the version was when the error occurred. I was running the language extension at the time. One of the other DMs in which this happened to was not running any extensions. The 4e DM wasn't running any extensions either.

Skellan
August 5th, 2015, 04:00
I was running the language extension but I am not sure if that was the problem. I uninstalled everything and ran the installer and it worked after that.

Skellan
August 5th, 2015, 04:01
oh and I didnt notice the versions either

Trenloe
August 5th, 2015, 04:04
I didn't pay attention to what the chat window stated the version was when the error occurred.
You should be able to go to the campaign directory and check the chatlog.html file to see the version numbers that were reported in the chat window.