PDA

View Full Version : Can't share items in 5e

SolidusPrime
August 4th, 2015, 23:52
Hi guys

My group and me just got Fantasy Grounds to play the new Princes of the Apocalypse adventure. We figured out most things in toolset pretty quickly, but i ran into a problem where i could not share out my items, but ONLY in the 5e set....adding the adventure module didn't do anything to help.

I create a 4e adventure, or anything else though, and I can share just fine...please help!! Were in the middle of trying to make characters :P

Trenloe
August 5th, 2015, 00:12
What is the exact issue are you seeing?

Can you (the GM) see the 5E modules under Library -> Modules? Or are you not even seeing them?

FYI - do not allow player access to the whole adventure modules - i.e. don't set them to "allow" or "force load" as this will result in the player side opening images, etc. and taking up lots and lots of memory (and probably crashing at some point). Share the objects you want to share individually.

You can set the class packs to allow or force load, they're designed for that.

SolidusPrime
August 5th, 2015, 00:24
Well, the initial issue before I even loaded a module, was that if I created an item, say backpack, and opened its sheet, and right clicked on it, there was no option to share with players. I was creating items, and even putting them on characters, but they could not see anything. Same once the module was loaded, they could not see items, and I could not share them. They can't see shared module data, either.

Trenloe
August 5th, 2015, 00:36
If you want to share an item with all players, drag it to the chat window - the players can then click on the link in the chat window, or in the link that appears in the campaign "Items" window. The GM will see this Public sharing with a (P) icon in the items list and can remove the sharing by clicking on the (P) icon.

If you want to share an item with one player, hold down CTRL and drag the item link to the PC portrait on the desktop. The GM will see this Sharing with a (S) icon in the items list, and clicking on the (S) icon will remove the sharing.

You can also give the whole party access to items by dragging them to the "Parcel Items" pane in the "Inventory" tab of the Party Sheet.

SolidusPrime
August 5th, 2015, 00:41
Thanks a lot Trenloe! This has really helped.

One last, sort of off-topic question....when we are done with a session...is there anything I have do to 'save' it? I noticed the characters are still here, but custom items I made before are gone.

Trenloe
August 5th, 2015, 00:44
The whole campaign database will be saved when you exit. Everything should get saved, including custom items.