PDA

View Full Version : Horror Companion ??

jhall6766
August 4th, 2015, 17:55
Im new to Savage Worlds and was wondering if I should buy or pass on his Item ??? Im hoping to do an ETU/Rippers mash up would this be helpful in that goal?? What are the thoughts of those that are SW vets .....

Mask_of_winter
August 5th, 2015, 00:40
All the rules you need would be in the Etu and Rippers.

That said, the Horror Companion is a tool kit for running horror. You'll find a bestiary, setting rules, racial templates if you want zombie, vampire, demon, angel, etc as player options; new edges and hindrances; tomes of lore, monster hunting gear; rules for ritual casting (different than the ETU ones) and advice on running a horror campaign.

So basically if you want to add more elements to your ETU/Rippers mash up or find ways to tie them together the Horror Companion is a good tool. If you feel you got your hands full with what you got already then maybe wait.

Either way it's a good product and the conversion is well done.

jhall6766
August 5th, 2015, 01:05
Thank You , Mask_Of_Winter but I think im going to pass on it currently.. Im already way out of my comfort zone with not only learning the system but also with the way Im attempting to write a game.. I used to write on and on with out much focus... So currently im attempting to just write it out on index cards... Much different then what I have grown accustomed to over many years...

Mask_of_winter
August 5th, 2015, 01:07
Start simple and build up on it. Try out some Savage Worlds at FGDaze and FGCon7.

jhall6766
August 5th, 2015, 01:21
Not sure about FGDaze but will definitely participate in FGCon7