PDA

View Full Version : Effects and PC specific notes

Togainu
August 3rd, 2015, 03:22
On the 3.5 effect page (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/3.5E_Effects) there is a section called: PC Specific Notes.

So I tried setting up a smite evil on my characters sheet under action. The macro as it is currently written as:
Smite evil; IFT: ALIGN(evil); DMG: CHA;

I also tried a simpler variant prevent the IFT from interfering to see if I could do something like:
Smite Evil; DMG: CHA;

However it doesn't seem to be adding the charisma modifier as a value currently. I wonder if I am using this wrong or misunderstanding how this is supposed to work. But as stated I am trying to automate something like Smite Evil and am now curious if this is possible. My own attempts currently are under the PFRPG ruleset.

Edit: With that I also wondered is there a way to fully ignore all DR including DR/-

Edit 2: Well I figured my first part out after seeing I over read that values like CHA need to be between []. That only leaves my question to overcome all DR for smite evil

Trenloe
August 3rd, 2015, 05:04
The key is the wording of the PC Specific Notes: "When applying effects from the Actions tab of the PC sheet"

These need to be setup on the PC actions tab and the ability bonus will be substituted as a number when the effect is added to the combat tracker. Just typing CHA in the effect once it is in the combat tracker won't have any effect.
By definition no standard damage ignores DR/-. You could temporarily add another damage type (DMGTYPE) that is energy rather than normal (melee/ranged) damage, such as force when the damage is rolled, but this could screw up other things. A simpler solution is just for the GM to temporarily turn off the DR/- effect when the relevant attacker is rolling damage - or even just manually add the difference to the wounds.

Togainu
August 3rd, 2015, 13:26
As stated it was on the sheet already and applied through it. But already figured out what was causing the CHA to be messing up. As for overcoming the damage reduction I guess it is a bit sad it isn't possible to be done currently.

While continuing trying to apply Smite Evil. I ran across the need to use the amount of levels in a specific class (this case paladin) is it possible to obtain this as well or is it currently only possible to obtain ability score modifiers?

Trenloe
August 3rd, 2015, 15:14
Oops, sorry I missed that you mentioned you'd had it on the PC sheet. Glad you saw the examples and added the square brackets.

While continuing trying to apply Smite Evil. I ran across the need to use the amount of levels in a specific class (this case paladin) is it possible to obtain this as well or is it currently only possible to obtain ability score modifiers?
Not possible. Increase it manually each time you level. You'll need to do similar manual increases with feats like power attack, etc..

Nickademus
August 3rd, 2015, 18:39
As for overcoming the damage reduction I guess it is a bit sad it isn't possible to be done currently.
It is possible, with a little work. In an extension, have the GM add this line of code to the onInit() function of a lua script:
table.insert (DataCommon.dmgtypes, "invulnerable");
Then have the 'DR 10/-' applied as 'DR 10/invulnerable'. For attacks that bypass all DR (such as paladin smite), add the 'invulnerable' type to the attack.

While continuing trying to apply Smite Evil. I ran across the need to use the amount of levels in a specific class (this case paladin) is it possible to obtain this as well or is it currently only possible to obtain ability score modifiers?There used to be an extension that did this. It no longer works with FG.

damned
August 4th, 2015, 05:15
IThere used to be an extension that did this. It no longer works with FG.

go on.... you can feel it pulling you back in....

Nickademus
August 4th, 2015, 17:42
I still stand by what I said when I backed off. When I see full documentation that is updated with each FG update, then I will go back to making heavy extensions. Right now I'm bogged down with campaign material (my own fault for running a sandbox campaign), followed by module updating and creating. I don't have the time to pick through the ruleset code and try to guess where functions are that I need. Maybe somewhere down the road I'll have the time to learn the code and make more extensions, but at that point I think I'd rather just make an actual PF ruleset.