PDA

View Full Version : Light Settings in Fantasy Grounds.

ionfarmer
August 3rd, 2015, 02:16
Today I wanted to make a note for chat commands so new players could reference them without bringing up "/help". I started fooling around with the "/light [RGB Hex value]" command which allows you to change the light setting. I always liked using the light settings in Fantasy Grounds; it's such a subtle way to convey a change in mood or circumstances. The 4 base lighting schemes are perfect for most settings. So I started looking around for light temperatures and wavelengths to see if someone had converted them to RGB values. I found plenty of values, so I made a reference table so that now you can have scenes by candle light, or sodium vapor street lights or even black light if you wanted to.

damned
August 3rd, 2015, 02:29
nice for modern/sci-fi games!
have you seen this extension?
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21219-HoloGnome-s-MoodLighting-Extension-for-CoreRPG

dulux-oz
August 3rd, 2015, 02:29
Cool

ionfarmer
August 3rd, 2015, 02:36
Say, that is a nice lighting extension! I didn't come up with that on my preliminary forums search. I had figured that someone had done some light tuning. Thanks Damned!

JohnD
August 3rd, 2015, 20:20
Nice to see these. I dabbled a bit to soften the glaring painful stark white of the custom 5E themes.

Griogre
August 3rd, 2015, 22:05
Yeah that white got to me too and I did the same thing. :p

Zacchaeus
August 3rd, 2015, 22:24
nice for modern/sci-fi games!
have you seen this extension?
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21219-HoloGnome-s-MoodLighting-Extension-for-CoreRPG

Yes, I missed this extension as well. Nice linkage.

ionfarmer
August 4th, 2015, 00:49
I made a lighting note to reference in game. I am reproducing it here because it is more copy & paste friendly than the image I posted.

/light FF9329 - Candle
/light FFC58F - 40W Tungsten
/light FFD6AA - 100W Tungsten
/light FFF1E0 - Halogen
/light FFFAF4 - Carbon Arc
/light FFFFFB - High Noon Sun
/light FFFFFF - Direct Sunlight
/light C9E2FF - Overcast Sky
/light 409CFF - Clear Blue Sky
/light FFF4E5 - Warm Fluorescent
/light F4FFFA - Standard Fluorescent
/light D4EBFF - Cool White Fluorescent