PDA

View Full Version : Weird (minor) problems with the ruleset

ianmward
August 2nd, 2015, 22:45
Hi all,
I GMed (Kept?) a game using this ruleset on Saturday night and saw a few weird problems, anyone else have problems with it?

At one stage, all of the actions of players were logged in the chat window with the name of one of the NPCs...

damned
August 2nd, 2015, 23:26
The ruleset is also pretty laggy - or has been every time i have used it.
I couldnt get double click skill rolls to work - but others were working fine and I could still drag and drop rolls.
Another issue was all the player icons in the chat window got replaced with spiders part way thru the game.

Treegreen
August 3rd, 2015, 18:37
all the player icons in the chat window got replaced with spiders part way thru the game.

We sure this isn't working as intended? I mean, CoC is a game about a slow descent into madness...

Griogre
August 4th, 2015, 17:35
It's not the spiders are a problem, it seems they just showed up toooo fast. ;) I mean after just one session :)

Seriously a "laggy" ruleset can be a symptom of an endless loop in the ruleset. And the spiders could be an symptom of running out of memory or corrupted memory which may or may not be because of an endless loop.

Trenloe
August 4th, 2015, 17:47
Seriously a "laggy" ruleset can be a symptom of an endless loop in the ruleset. And the spiders could be an symptom of running out of memory or corrupted memory which may or may not be because of an endless loop.
Yeah, this could well be the case.

OP/Others who've seen this weirdness - could you describe what was going on at the time, what windows were open (and on which tabs), etc.???

Ages ago the RMC ruleset had such a loop on the skills tab of the character sheet if a certain grouping was set and the window was left open - very laggy performance and sooner or later the client crashed. So, any detailed info on what was going on at the time would be great.

Dakadin
August 5th, 2015, 03:23
Hopefully this will help someone to track it down. With the RMC ruleset the looping was happening when a character sheet was opened by both the player and the GM. One of the instances would update the list which created an endless loop as it the other instance updated.