PDA

View Full Version : IFT: Bloodied not working for me

leef
August 2nd, 2015, 05:57
i have a tiefling NPC the i may join to my pc's group but i can't get her bloodhunt racial ability to work.

i have it as IFT: Bloodied; ATK: 1

and i can use IF: Bloodied; ATK: 1

kylania
August 2nd, 2015, 07:18
It's working, see the [EFFECTS +1] there on the second image? It's calculated into the evaluation but not displayed in the chat log so that the GM can drag that for others where the effect might not be applicable. It is working though if you see the [EFFECTS] tag.

leef
August 2nd, 2015, 09:40
it should be +6.

I did IF: bloodied; ATK: 1, and it worked when i bloodied the NPC.

Moon Wizard
August 2nd, 2015, 13:03
The effect is not calculated into the roll itself, because the roll is independent of applying to the target.

In the second image, when applied to the target that satisfies the condition the [EFFECTS +1] tag in the result denotes that the effect is applied during the attack roll vs AC comparison.

Regards,
JPG

Nibelung
August 2nd, 2015, 19:01
Thank you for showing me that this tag existed. My tiefling player will be very happy to not have to manually check every bloodied monster in her AoE attacks.

leef
August 2nd, 2015, 23:04
but i still only get +5 added to the roll. +5 is my default bonus look at the picture, the top part is me swinging at a non bloodied NPC +5 vs AC then i swing vs AC again when he is bloodied and its still +5. i see the effect +1 but it doesn't seem to work. it should be giving me +6.

Trenloe
August 2nd, 2015, 23:06
but i still only get +5 added to the roll. +5 is my default bonus look at the picture, the top part is me swinging at a non bloodied NPC +5 vs AC then i swing vs AC again when he is bloodied and its still +5. i see the effect +1 but it doesn't seem to work. it should be giving me +6.
As has been posted above - IFT attack conditional effects do *not* add to the attack dice roll. They are taken into account with the hit/miss calculation.

Nibelung
August 2nd, 2015, 23:22

You can also easily check if this is working by making multiple rolls to check if the "hit" info is working. Eg, if the target have AC 18, you would need a 13 to hit. Keep rolling until you roll a 12 and check if the FG returns a hit. If it does, there is no problem.

damned
August 2nd, 2015, 23:30

Are you 100% sure?
Roll it a dozen times and look at the actual result. It may be displaying +5 but still effectively hitting at +6.

leef
August 3rd, 2015, 01:30
It worked, sorry i didn't understand at first. but the atk roll of 15 hit the 16 ac bloodied target.