PDA

View Full Version : Handling Animal Companions - New user question for other GMs.

ShadoShryke
August 1st, 2015, 20:47
New to FG. Will be using for long distance Pathfinder system games.

When working with characters with Animal companions, do you have them create a separate standard character sheet for the companion, or do you create it as an NPC?

Just looking for what other GMs have found work best for their games.

Thanks in advance.

viresanimi
August 1st, 2015, 21:03
I would make it as a normal character that the player controls, just like his normal character. Seems like the simplest way to me.

And welcome!

Vires Animi

ShadoShryke
August 1st, 2015, 21:38
I would make it as a normal character that the player controls, just like his normal character. Seems like the simplest way to me.

And welcome!

Vires Animi

Thank you, Vires!

I was figuring that would be the best, but I figured I would find out what others had encountered during use.

Trenloe
August 2nd, 2015, 22:36
Yep, make another PC record for your pet.

DarthAztek
March 21st, 2017, 06:09
So I'm a little late to the party here, are there plans to introduce companion sheets for classes that use them in FG?

Nylanfs
March 21st, 2017, 11:43
Welcome to the forums and FG community!

Zacchaeus
March 21st, 2017, 12:33
So I'm a little late to the party here, are there plans to introduce companion sheets for classes that use them in FG?

Savage Worlds already has this feature but I don't know if that will be extended to other rulesets. It's moot anyway since as noted above all you need do is create a player character sheet for the companion or use an NPC that the player controls.

Trenloe
March 21st, 2017, 13:57
Yep, make another PC record for your pet. For the majority of rulesets this will cover all possibilities needed for the animal companion.

Papi
October 9th, 2017, 12:08
The only problem is that when a DM awards XP the animal companion takes a share. Is there a workaround to this issue?

damned
October 9th, 2017, 12:11
Hi Papi dont add the companion ti the party sheet and Trenloe also wrote an extension for this somewhere...

Papi
October 9th, 2017, 12:55
Will try that. Thank you damned! May the critical hit be with you!

Erin Righ
October 10th, 2017, 21:17
And welcome to the forums Papi, Stay Off My Lawn!