PDA

View Full Version : SW settings question

jhall6766
August 1st, 2015, 04:25
Which Sw setting would be a good entry level setting for someone new to SW? I currently have several of them in my FG library and am wondering which is easiest to begin Gming or just gaming in???

Mask_of_winter
August 1st, 2015, 04:30
They're all easy but 50 Fathoms is a good one. Which settings do you have?

jhall6766
August 1st, 2015, 04:37
I have core deluxe, HoE , ETU and weird wars 2 I also have the fantasy Companion...I bought these some time ago and really havent done much with them... SO Just looking to see which would be easiest to learn and work with...

Mask_of_winter
August 1st, 2015, 04:47
You can run a lot with just the Corebook.

jhall6766
August 1st, 2015, 04:55
Yeah ... I think that is what has me intimidated by the SW Core.. So I was thinking if I can settle on a specific setting that it may be easier for me to learn.. Im thinking of trying something in a horror genre but with maybe some pulp added into it ... I have an idea for what id like to do but not certain on the best approach or setting to use...

jhall6766
August 1st, 2015, 05:15
Hmmm think im going to use ETU for the game Im considering ..

mghauber
August 3rd, 2015, 19:14
I started with just the core book and got familiar with the rules, then started working in some settings. Most of the rules are very similar from setting to setting with a few changes made to each for flavor. If you know the core rules, then you pretty much have them all.

jhall6766
August 4th, 2015, 00:32
THAnks to everybody for their input... So going to start reading over the core as well as ETU and Rippers.... Thinking of using ETU and Rippers to try and compliment each other... Just have to figure out a way to foreshadow rippers within the ETU system. Then after graduation throw the party into a modern rippers type game. ANy thoughts are welcome....

jhall6766
August 4th, 2015, 00:39
On second thought the foreshadowing of the Rippers shouldn't be too difficult.. The test will be to successfully bring the rippers into the Modern ERA....